Vols Fall Practice #5

sounds like Nico sucks.

I wonder if we should start Moore or maybe give Merk a shot?

First Jalen Smith reference I’ve seen. Was expecting him to step up into the rotation this year but at this point he’s not being mentioned as the 4th LBer? This guy had a fantastic HS career.

Who all is working at left guard, if he wants one starter

“Man, I think you always let the competition sort itself out. Andrej’s worked (at) left guard, Dayne’s worked (at) left guard, Lamps (Jackson Lampley) worked at left guard, Shams working (at) left guard. Even BG (Brian Grant) has bounced in there who are kind of moving guys around day-to-day. And at the end of the day, whoever is the best, that guy’s gonna play and then we’re gonna have to play somebody behind him. Like it’s gonna be a long year. Coach Heup’s made an emphasis on us rotating. So I’m trying to make that point in the way we practice it. Guys are rotating in and taking lot of reps with ones and twos.”

- Elarbee

Lampley is battling with Andre Karic for the left guard position this month and the Nashville native feels like he’s has built off the opportunity he got to close out the 2023 season as a starter.

“Just being consistent,” Lampley said of his key. “Playing the way I typically play especially in the run game. Being able to move people but also playing smart. I think those things are really going to help me win the job.”

- Hubbs

“Man, I think you always let the competition sort itself out. Andrej’s worked (at) left guard, Dayne’s worked (at) left guard, Lamps (Jackson Lampley) worked at left guard, Shams working (at) left guard. Even BG (Brian Grant) has bounced in there who are kind of moving guys around day-to-day. And at the end of the day, whoever is the best, that guy’s gonna play and then we’re gonna have to play somebody behind him. Like it’s gonna be a long year. Coach Heup’s made an emphasis on us rotating. So I’m trying to make that point in the way we practice it. Guys are rotating in and taking lot of reps with ones and twos.”

- Elarbee
The competition at LG is a good sight to see. We should feel good about the player that wins that spot.

Is McMurray alright? Hasn’t technically practiced yet correct?
This staff is exceedingly cautious. Even with that approach, Jourdan Thomas happens. I’d say that McMurray and Matthews not participating has no bearing on their future availability…jmo.

- Elarbee
Lamp is the man until he gets hurt again during a PAT, lol.

Is there any word out of the earlier practices as who might be the special teams lineman to fake an injury after a quick score so the defense can rest?

My money is on Guenther
No one would believe that beast could bust a knee ligament every point after attempt.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back