Vols Football

Do you think that Gerald Riggs will show this year that he is as good a RB as Cedric Houston?

• Total voters

RockyTop08

I agree with u guys I forgot about that rushing comparison

Attachments

• DSC_5966.jpg
    DSC_5966.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 2
Didn't he pretty much prove that last year when he ran for 1100 yards and outrushed Houston in the process?

I thought Riggs was better than Houston last year and will continue to improve this off season and during next season.

Riggs only problem was not being able to pickup blitzes.....We never doubted his running ability!!

Yeah that's why you put a running back that can block in on a blitz package blocking scheme.....and Riggs is way better than Houston.....I think Yancey will compliment Riggs very well this year :D

I feel that Riggs has more speed and strength than Houston. Both had geat vision on the field, but Riggs will be a better overall back for us next year than Houston was last year.

I'm anxious to see the RB's we signed this year in action. I have also heard some really good things about Arian Foster. I would like to see David Y get more carries this year.

riggs is the man.....anderson is a bruiser at fullback i think he would make a good short yardage back....I'm hearing were sorta scared after Riggs but im not Riggs came outta nowhere last year.... I didnt expect him to do much......someone WILL step up this year and surprise us....Troop and Fulmer ALREADY know the talent they got there

Cedric could tote the ball, but at times I felt like he ran more sideline to sideline than up the field. I also thought at times that he missed the hole when it was there for him.

riggs will not get enough carries. fulmer will spread them out like he always does.

yancey, foster, and the fresmen will all see action.

yancey could have a decent season for himself. have they given him a scholarship yet?

I think we need to start focusing more on the blowout wins than close ones; We can get our guys some more playing time. We need a two-TD spread halfway through the fourth a few times next season. Maybe play a new guy or two for an entire half against Vandy and Kentucky?

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 13, 2005 8:42 PM
I think we need to start focusing more on the blowout wins than close ones; We can get our guys some more playing time. We need a two-TD spread halfway through the fourth a few times next season. Maybe play a new guy or two for an entire half against Vandy and Kentucky?

When you play FulmerBall, those situations are few and far between

Yeah, I know, usually in the non-conference games. Hopefully we can get these guys SOME playing time against Vandy and Kentucky.

Ced is average at best on our scale of rb's. if given the chance SEVERAL of our recruits will blow him away. Cannot wait to get another stud back in our backfield.

A pair of them wouldn't hurt as well. It seems like the co-starting RB's school of thought is working really well. Auburn, USC both having success with it. I think we can produce two RB's of that caliber.

I think Riggs will show us why he was so hyped..
He shows he is better than Houston

Attachments

• sdhelmet.jpg
    sdhelmet.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 13, 2005 9:49 PM
A pair of them wouldn't hurt as well. It seems like the co-starting RB's school of thought is working really well. Auburn, USC both having success with it. I think we can produce two RB's of that caliber.

It's worked for us in the past.

Travis Henry, Travis Stephens in '98, Jamal Lewis, Travis Henry in '99, and Houston, Riggs all being the most recent.

How long have you been a Vol fan Milo?

how bout the Cobb-Webb combo? and Riggs is the better back , nothing to prove...only thing to see is who will be the #2 in the 1-2 punch this yr.

Originally posted by Vols4life@Feb 11, 2005 10:51 PM
Riggs only problem was not being able to pickup blitzes.....We never doubted his running ability!!

I went to the same HIgh School as Spencer. I was in the same class as her brother.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Feb 14, 2005 12:31 PM
how bout the Cobb-Webb combo? and Riggs is the better back , nothing to prove...only thing to see is who will be the #2 in the 1-2 punch this yr.

That's the ticket. riggs is the man. He will show why we signed him. It will be his career year following a good showing this year. His breather replacement will be the key to our overall output.

Originally posted by lll Communication@Feb 14, 2005 9:28 AM

Just started watching this last season. I'm a sorta casual friend of Ainge's, back when he was here. Mutual friends, that kinda thing. Started watching Tennessee games when I heard he was taking snaps against UNLV.

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 14, 2005 6:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 14, 2005 6:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lll Communication@Feb 14, 2005 9:28 AM

Just started watching this last season. I&#39;m a sorta casual friend of Ainge&#39;s, back when he was here. Mutual friends, that kinda thing. Started watching Tennessee games when I heard he was taking snaps against UNLV. [/quote]
well who did u like before this last season?

VN Store

Back