Vols Move to #14 in AP Poll

Ole Miss has an absolute cake walk to the SEC Championship game. I think their one tough game is uga. Several of the top 10 teams will not be there after week 4.
LSU and/or Oklahoma might take them down before they even get to UGa.

I'm seeing Ole Miss as a 2- or 3-loss team this year.

As usual, we'll have to earn every begrudging ranking from the sportswriters. We moved up one lousy spot? We should've gone to #12.

The pollsters collectively over-reacted to the USCw win over LSU and the Miami beatdown of Florida. Both those teams leapfrogged us.

And I'm pretty certain we're better than both those teams, subject to our DBs proving themselves these next three weeks.

Go Vols!

p.s. Dangit, Titan, you got me thinking about Kiffin, lol. Here's the world according to Kiffinites (some of whom populate vn.com):

2009: Kiffin's gonna take off! He'll prove that mean ol Al Davis wrong.
2011: Lane is gonna light it up any time now, we're about to see the Kiffin magic.
2017: Okay, here we go, it's gotta happen soon! Right? Right?
2021: Any time now, hoo boy howdy, watch close, don't blink, Kiffin's about to set the world on fire.
2024: #6 in the nation, baby, it's all ahead of us!

Last edited:
We just gotta beat NCST this weekend. If we have any chance of sniffing the playoffs this year we have to absolutely smoke them. A loss to Georgia and Bama might still get us in but we have got to beat the brakes off of these lower tier schools because we all know we’re not getting the benefit of the doubt like these other teams.

Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan are fake top 10 teams, but the biggest farce of all is Missouri. All four of those teams would drop in a hurry if they played even a semi-tough SEC schedule. And Missouri gets the same joke of a schedule next year.

Last edited:
We played Chattanooga. It isn’t unreasonable for Miami and USC to pass us after beating Florida and LSU.

Just win and it’ll come out in the wash
I agree but it is frustrating seeing a team like Oregon get the benefit of the doubt after barely beating an FCS team and they’re able to stay ranked in the top 10 because they’re little media darlings just like Missouri. But like you said it doesn’t matter. Just have to beat who we’re supposed to.

Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan are fake top 10 teams, but the biggest joke of all is Missouri. All four of those teams would drop in a hurry if they played even a semi-tough SEC schedule. And Missouri gets the same joke of a schedule next year.
Isn't Missouri in the SEC?

Isn't Missouri in the SEC?
Missouri does not play a team in top 25 until the end of October and that game accounts for 1 of 2 total opponents they play in the top 25. They may be in the SEC but they are not playing an SEC schedule. They got very lucky with their schedule draw.

For reference, 4 of our opponents are ranked in the top 25 right now and if I had to guess probably 6 of our opponents will finish ranked.

One of these things is not like the others.

Reactions: KHVol and VAVol85
Notre Dame, Penn State, and Michigan are fake top 10 teams, but the biggest joke of all is Missouri. All four of those teams would drop in a hurry if they played even a semi-tough SEC schedule. And Missouri gets the same joke of a schedule next year.
and mizzou has an easy schedule

I know better than to care about the media polls and I “knew” USC was going to jump disproportionally high after the LSU win, but it still chaps me all the same.

Miami looked good against Florida. That being said, Florida was not projected to be anything special even by the looniest of know it alls.

Oh well, it’s not like anything matters to us besides the losses category.

Last edited:

This is my worry: we could be as good or better with a worse record. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba. I will repeat. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba....

The committee will have to give us credit for a tough schedule because we may have to jump a one loss fake/big10 team

VN Store

Back