Vols Move to #14 in AP Poll

Missouri does not play a team in top 25 until the end of October and that game accounts for 1 of 2 total opponents they play in the top 25. They may be in the SEC but they are not playing an SEC schedule. They got very lucky with their schedule draw.

For reference, 4 of our opponents are ranked in the top 25 right now and if I had to guess probably 6 of our opponents will finish ranked.

One of these things is not like the others.
Mizzou now has a “college in Boston” in two weeks. Pretty impressive showing last night controlling both sides of the line of scrimmage. The college in Boston is no longer an easy win.

This is my worry: we could be as good or better with a worse record. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba. I will repeat. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba....

The committee will have to give us credit for a tough schedule because we may have to jump a one loss fake/big10 team
GA and Allabubba of course cannot play themselves. GA is playing @Alabama, @Texas and @Ole Miss. Bama playing Georgia and @TheVols.

Reactions: 66volfan
LSU and/or Oklahoma might take them down before they even get to UGa.

I'm seeing Ole Miss as a 2- or 3-loss team this year.

The pollsters collectively over-reacted to the USCw win over LSU and the Miami beatdown of Florida. Both those teams leapfrogged us.

And I'm pretty certain we're better than both those teams, subject to our DBs proving themselves these next three weeks.

Go Vols!

p.s. Dangit, Titan, you got me thinking about Kiffin, lol. Here's the world according to Kiffinites (some of whom populate vn.com):

2009: Kiffin's gonna take off! He'll prove that mean ol Al Davis wrong.
2011: Lane is gonna light it up any time now, we're about to see the Kiffin magic.
2017: Okay, here we go, it's gotta happen soon! Right? Right?
2021: Any time now, hoo boy howdy, watch close, don't blink, Kiffin's about to set the world on fire.
2024: #6 in the nation, baby, it's all ahead of us!
Yeah, but still no respect for this program.

USC moves up 10 places?? That's insane. We would beat LSU and move up 2.

This is my worry: we could be as good or better with a worse record. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba. I will repeat. Us and Auburn are the only teams that play both GA and Allabubba....

The committee will have to give us credit for a tough schedule because we may have to jump a one loss fake/big10 team
Lol, committee only cares about record. They talk all that 💩 about strength of schedule, but name one team that was rewarded for playing a challenging schedule over a team with a better record?
It's why I never wanted a 9 game conference schedule, no advantage. Only disadvantages.

GA and Allabubba of course cannot play themselves. GA is playing @Alabama, @Texas and @Ole Miss. Bama playing Georgia and @TheVols.
I am glad to. UGA playing that schedule finally . And I am glad Bama is playing them this year also . UGA goes undefeated this year they should just be handed the Champ trophy lol

Mizzou now has a “college in Boston” in two weeks. Pretty impressive showing last night controlling both sides of the line of scrimmage. The college in Boston is no longer an easy win.
What’s wild is that Missouri plays against two Massachusetts team and the one they’re visiting for an away game is UMass. I don’t know if they’ve ever hosted an SEC team. I wonder if the SEC is mad about that one.

We are about were we should be. Win against NC St and Oklahoma we will be top 10. If we lose one of those, we won't. Simple.

If we beat NC State and Oklahoma our road to a playoff spot will be much more clear. Win out and beat one of UGa or Bama and we're in, lose those games and we have a legit shot at 10-2. The key is taking care of business against NC St. and OK.

Of course (although I wish they weren't), but you'll notice I said 'semi-tough SEC schedule'. Missouri's doesn't fit that criteria.
They play Bama , Oklahoma and Arkansas, second half. Seems pretty tuff

after we hang 50+ on NC State Saturday and Texas curbstomps Michigan we "should" be well entrenched in the top ten.

its like Nostradamus whispers in my ear.......

LSU and/or Oklahoma might take them down before they even get to UGa.

I'm seeing Ole Miss as a 2- or 3-loss team this year.

The pollsters collectively over-reacted to the USCw win over LSU and the Miami beatdown of Florida. Both those teams leapfrogged us.

And I'm pretty certain we're better than both those teams, subject to our DBs proving themselves these next three weeks.

Go Vols!

p.s. Dangit, Titan, you got me thinking about Kiffin, lol. Here's the world according to Kiffinites (some of whom populate vn.com):

2009: Kiffin's gonna take off! He'll prove that mean ol Al Davis wrong.
2011: Lane is gonna light it up any time now, we're about to see the Kiffin magic.
2017: Okay, here we go, it's gotta happen soon! Right? Right?
2021: Any time now, hoo boy howdy, watch close, don't blink, Kiffin's about to set the world on fire.
2024: #6 in the nation, baby, it's all ahead of us!
Kind of disingenuous. He failed at USC, yes. But ole miss isn’t a traditional power. He’s the first coach to ever win 10+ games there and he’s sustained that success for the most part.

And I’m not someone who clamored for Kiffin back in 17 or 20

VN Store

Back