Vols need to do like Notre Dame in Sun Bowl

While I don't disagree with you, Clemson actually has a pulse offensively. Kentucky definitely should've brought the house a time or three. Vols may not often have to rush more than 4 in this game because of the opponent.

To be fair to them, they reason they lost is more about the 3 turnovers inside their own 30 on 3 straight drives to start the 4th quarter than anything else.
I thought watching the second half that they are as "snake bit" as any team I've watched. They were the better team and I thought the offensive coaches had Clemson beat most of the day.

Watch that game to see how to handle opposing teams on third and long. ND is rushing five or six every time, none of that stupid lay back and let them get 15-20 yards. Tennessee's weakness.

Risk va reward, and the risk is a lot higher with an inexperienced secondary.

Watch that game to see how to handle opposing teams on third and long. ND is rushing five or six every time, none of that stupid lay back and let them get 15-20 yards. Tennessee's weakness.
We've played it this way for many many years (at least from the mid 80's) For what reason your guess is as good as any. I don't see it changing at this point.

Ask Auburn what "Rush2"gets you. I woulda fired that Sumbitch on the spot

That's assuming the rush gets there. If the rush is picked up either by the OL or RB, that's putting your corners in a really bad spot.
You are definitely not going to get to the quarterback rushing three. When you rush three that just means that the offense can send out more receivers and backs to catch a pass, they are not needed to block just three.

Might want to mention this to the Auburn coaches. Lol

It's not stupid. It's called a Prevent Win Defense. Essentially, it prevents your team from winning. UT probably didn't come up w the scheme, but we have perfected it over the years!!

Reactions: TN1111
Well, we knon damn well that ain’t happening

You dance with the one that brought you. If you’ve been applying pressure and making the qb make bad throws, throwing it away or having to pull it down and get yardage on his own….you don’t go into a soft zone, prevent defense with the game in the balance. I’m afraid, however, our leopard DC isn’t going to change his spots.

VN Store

Back