Vols not WRU - it's Mount Union?

VOLywood

I know I've always thought of us as WRU and have always thought that was pretty widely accepted outside of the UT sphere, but maybe I'm wrong. We don't even get a mention in this article...the schools that do get mentioned as potential WRU's (besides Mt. Union) are Ohio St and USC.

So what's the thought here....are we delusional to consider ourselves WRU or is it just that Yahoo hates us?

Y! SPORTS

Growing pains... It happens when the core leaves... Same thing happened with Swain, Meacham and Smith and Brown all left..

I think op is talking about UTs overall existence as a wide receiver destination.

Yes, I was....and would have thought it was pretty widely accepted to be that way.

Would also have thought that J Hunter, CP, Z Rogers, and Rivera would have strengthened that image.

EDIT for clarification: WRU being a term meaning we produce a lot of NFL talent at that position, NOT just that high profile WR's want to attend school here.

Last edited:
I think op is talking about UTs overall existence as a wide receiver destination.

Yes, I was....and would have thought it was pretty widely accepted to be that way.

Would also have thought that J Hunter, CP, Z Rogers, and Rivera would have strengthened that image.

EDIT for clarification: WRU being a term meaning we produce a lot of NFL talent at that position, NOT just that high profile WR's want to attend school here.

That's fine if that's your argument but that's not what the article was about. It was about a tiny D III school that has 2 #1 WR's in the NFL in 2013.

It's not talking about all-time. So there was no disrespect towards any former Vol receiver.

If we ever start to win again, we'll start to be recognised, but not until we can prove we're relevent, unfortunately.

Don't tell Peerless Price, Dante Stallworth, and many others that.

Yeah, I think Joey Kent and Marcus Nash may have some issues with it, as well.

Also, Denarius Moore, Robert meachum, Corey Fleming, Cedrick Wilson, David Martin and Kelley Washington were all recruited by and played for Fulmer. Others like Fayton, Hannon, Mark Jones and many more went to the NFL and didn't have big contributions. But yeah, Fulmer didn't have any problems getting WR's playing on Sundays.

Reactions: 1 person
That's fine if that's your argument but that's not what the article was about. It was about a tiny D III school that has 2 #1 WR's in the NFL in 2013.

It's not talking about all-time. So there was no disrespect towards any former Vol receiver.

Yes, but in referencing Ohio St and USC, they were talking about all-time. My point was that UT should have been the WRU "standard of comparison", not Ohio St and USC.

I know I've always thought of us as WRU and have always thought that was pretty widely accepted outside of the UT sphere, but maybe I'm wrong. We don't even get a mention in this article...the schools that do get mentioned as potential WRU's (besides Mt. Union) are Ohio St and USC.

So what's the thought here....are we delusional to consider ourselves WRU or is it just that Yahoo hates us?

Y! SPORTS

Yahoo cares?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back