Vols not WRU - it's Mount Union?

Yes, but in referencing Ohio St and USC, they were talking about all-time. My point was that UT should have been the WRU "standard of comparison", not Ohio St and USC.

OK, so let's get bent out of shape because UT wasn't mentioned in the set-up paragraph for the article?

He had to come up with a couple of teams known for putting WR's in the NFL to set up his story. UT hasn't seen too many WR's drafted as of late and the team has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade.

OK, so let's get bent out of shape because UT wasn't mentioned in the set-up paragraph for the article?

He had to come up with a couple of teams known for putting WR's in the NFL to set up his story. UT hasn't seen too many WR's drafted as of late and the team has been irrelevant for the better part of a decade.

D Moore, z. Rodgers, cp, jh just got drafted rescently. So do they not count? The teams rescently is not in question here. We're talking WRU.

To be fair we went from 2007 - 2011 with ZERO WR's drafted and we have only had 8 WR's drafted since 2000. Most of whom are no longer active. I don't see what the big deal is...we aren't WRU and the articles main point is schools who have a #1 NFL WR. Quality > Qty basically.

So out of everything I've said that's what you have to argue about. He didn't get drafted, but is in the nfl. I was just referring to wr we had from tenn in the nfl. Try not to try so hard

This. I swear some of our fans are either insecure 15 yr old girls or lack reading comprehension.

Mt Union has 2 players in the NFL and they're WRU?

In the last 20 years of the NFL Draft:
Cory Fleming 3rd R
Nilo Silvan 6th
Joey Kent 2nd
Peerless Price 2nd
Cedrick Wilson 6th
David Martin 6th
Donte Stallworth 1st
Kelley Washington 3rd
Robert Meachem 1st
Cordarrelle Patterson 1st
Justin Hunter 2nd

Here are the facts. TennesseeÂ’s Top Ten Wide Receivers from a career reception standpoint are:
Joey Kent 183 (1993-1996)
Marcus Nash 177 (1994-1997)
Cedrick Wilson 159 (1997-2000)
Peerless Price 147 (1995-1998)
Gerald Jones 142 (2007-2010)
Jayson Swain 126 (2003-2006)
Robert Meachem 125 (2004-2006)
Thomas Woods 124 (1986-1989)
Tim McGee 123 (1982-1986)
Larry Seivers 117 (1973-1976)

Outside of these ten guys you could list anyone:
Alvin Harper. Carl Pickens, Vince Moore, Terence Cleveland, Anthony Miller. Anthony Morgan, Joey Clickscales, Craig Faulkner, Vince Moore, Brett Smith Donte Stallworth, Denarius Moore, Kelley Washington, Anthony Hancock, Willie Gault, Richmond Flowers, Cory Fleming, Jermaine Copeland and the list goes on and on and on.

Reactions: 2 people
what could have been :(

Wide-Receiver-U.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Mt Union has 2 players in the NFL and they're WRU?

In the last 20 years of the NFL Draft:
Cory Fleming 3rd R
Nilo Silvan 6th
Joey Kent 2nd
Peerless Price 2nd
Cedrick Wilson 6th
David Martin 6th
Donte Stallworth 1st
Kelley Washington 3rd
Robert Meachem 1st
Cordarrelle Patterson 1st
Justin Hunter 2nd

Impressive, but that's not what the article was about. It was about a small D III school with 2 #1's at the WR position in the NFL in 2013...not last decade, or the 90's, 80's, or 70's.

Impressive, but that's not what the article was about. It was about a small D III school with 2 #1's at the WR position in the NFL in 2013...not last decade, or the 90's, 80's, or 70's.

Right but the complaint was that we were not being compared to that school as WRU. Pretty simple.

I know I've always thought of us as WRU and have always thought that was pretty widely accepted outside of the UT sphere, but maybe I'm wrong. We don't even get a mention in this article...the schools that do get mentioned as potential WRU's (besides Mt. Union) are Ohio St and USC.

So what's the thought here....are we delusional to consider ourselves WRU or is it just that Yahoo hates us?

Y! SPORTS

NFL 2013: Denarius Moore, Jason Witten, Zack Rogers, Da Rick Rogers, Luke Stocker, MIchael Rivera, Stallworth, C. Patterson

Joey Kent, Marcus Nash, Peerless Price, Robert Meachem, Justin Hunter, Cordarrelle Patterson, Jayson Swain, Gerald Jones, Cedrick Wilson, Thomas Woods, Tim McGee, Larry Seivers, Carl Pickens, Donte Stallworth, Denarius Moore, Kelley Washington, Alvin Harper,
Da'Rick Rogers and soon to be Marquez North, Jason Croom, Dominique Booth, Eric Lauderdale, Kameel Jackson, and from what I am reading recently Josh Malone.

The end. #WRU

VN Store

Back