Vols vs GT

I have to say it was quite the finish. The vol fans got really loud towards the end. It was great since the Tech fans thought they had it wrapped up. We made our prescence felt.

I hope to see Bayou and bvf again tomorrow as we close this thing out. I understand that GT is throwing their number one guy tomorrow. Its going to be tough.

That's all for now :lol:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 10, 2005 8:35 PM
I have to say it was quite the finish. The vol fans got really loud towards the end. It was great since the Tech fans thought they had it wrapped up. We made our prescence felt.

I hope to see Bayou and bvf again tomorrow as we close this thing out. I understand that GT is throwing their number one guy tomorrow. Its going to be tough.

That's all for now :lol:
[snapback]102525[/snapback]​

Freak, were you actually posting from the ballpark? I checked the times on your posts, if I'd known there was Wifi I'd have brught my laptop and we could have raced!

BTW very nice meeting you and talking to you. I have to break this news to the VolNation. Mr. Freak DEFINITELY over married. His wife is so attractive, I was looking for her sunglasses and cane (just kidding).

Freak, I'm going to be MIA tomorrow as my daughter has become ill. But should we lose I'll see you and Bayou on Sunday.

BIG HIT FITZ!!!! The trip back to bumminhayum was much more pleasureable after that dinger!

Hate to hear you are going to miss tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your daughter.

You didn't sneak out early today did you?

fwiw, it wasn't wifi--I was posting from my blackberry which uses the cellular network.

I am sure my wife will appreciate the kind words.

well i hate that i had to leave and not get to watch the rest of them game..but im glad they won! i didnt think they'd be able to pull it out..

Atkins pitchin tomorrow?

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 10, 2005 10:21 PM
Hate to hear you are going to miss tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your daughter.

You didn't sneak out early today did you?

fwiw, it wasn't wifi--I was posting from my blackberry which uses the cellular network.

I am sure my wife will appreciate the kind words.
[snapback]102527[/snapback]​

I left early like a total freaking (don't mean to take your name in vain) idiot. I stood down the rightfield line and talked to a couple of player's parents and snuck out at the top of the 9th. A block away i heard "ping" and then a large cheer. I figured someone had grounded out (we had 7,8, and 9 hitters up in the 9th), but then heard the announcer announce a pinch runner. About 1 minute later i heard "PING" followed by a huge cheer and suspected the hitter had grounded into a double. Anyway, determined to beat the crowd out of GT, I hit the interstate and after a few minutes called my mom for the final score. I guess if I'd stayed home we'd have won 10-0.

Stay Dry Tomorrow!

It was unbelievable. I have to admit that I didn't have much faith in us winning with the 789 guys up. Once we had a guy on base, I knew Fitzgerald was due. He's been swinging a good bat. He had 5 hits including a HR against Wichita State.

After we left the game, we double timed it across town to Turner Field to watch the Braves. As we were walking up a Georgia Tech fan (of all people) walks up and gives us FREE tickets to the game. The tickets turn out to be dugout level behind home plate. $45 face value and he just handed us three of them. Quite a finish to a great day, although the Braves lost.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 10, 2005 11:37 PM
After we left the game, we double timed it across town to Turner Field to watch the Braves. As we were walking up a Georgia Tech fan (of all people) walks up and gives us FREE tickets to the game. The tickets turn out to be dugout level behind home plate. $45 face value and he just handed us three of them. Quite a finish to a great day, although the Braves lost.
[snapback]102533[/snapback]​

Sweet! So you are one of those happy go lucky people are you? I would have been mugged.. :haha_oh:

Things like that never happen to me. I am usually the guy that would pay top dollar for tickets and then realize that they aren't together. :lol:

Originally posted by vol_freak@Jun 11, 2005 12:24 AM
Things like that never happen to me. I am usually the guy that would pay top dollar for tickets and then realize that they aren't together. :lol:
[snapback]102574[/snapback]​

Oh, my bad.. :laugh1:

That happened to me once at a Tennessee basketball game at UNCC.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 11, 2005 12:46 AM
:shakehead:

:laugh1:
[snapback]102584[/snapback]​

What? That's not funny.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 11, 2005 12:46 AM
:shakehead:

:laugh1:
[snapback]102584[/snapback]​

Well, look who decided to grace us with her presence...

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Jun 11, 2005 12:54 AM
:Bbiteme:
[snapback]102590[/snapback]​

I think I get way too many of those ::bite me:: signs.... :(

Since the thread is about Game 1 and that game is over...it's ok to be off topic just this once.

:p

:eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :dlol: :dlol: :dlol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Thats from Vols4life who says to tell everybody "hey"

VN Store

Back