Vols vs. Heels

Originally posted by vol_freak@Nov 23, 2004 10:58 PM
Buzz Peterson's halftime speech:

"I don't know what to tell you guys. You are on your own on this one. All I know is keep doing what I taught you...turn the ball over alot and foul every time they get the ball."

You forgot ". . . have I told you about the time the Michael Jordan and I . . . "

Are we playing 5 on 6.....?

Wait a minute. This just in. Buzz Peterson just used a timeout to try and rally his team after not looking good in the first part of the second half. Buzz must half spent the first half looking for Brandon Crump and missed the fact that we are down by 21. Buzz suddenly wants to coach after the game is over. We'll be down 40 and Buzz will be taking a timeout to work on our in bounds play. That's good experience for the tournament. Not only are we gonna make the tournament we are gonna win that first round NIT game this year.

Originally posted by GAVol+Nov 23, 2004 11:01 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Nov 23, 2004 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vol_freak@Nov 23, 2004 10:58 PM
Buzz Peterson&#39;s halftime speech:

"I don&#39;t know what to tell you guys. You are on your own on this one. All I know is keep doing what I taught you...turn the ball over alot and foul every time they get the ball."

You forgot ". . . have I told you about the time the Michael Jordan and I . . . " [/quote]
:lolup: :lolup:

You are right on freak&#33; Remember yesterday i said lets work the post? Well, I was assuming that Crump would be better this year. Boy was I wrong. He is missing shots left and right and can&#39;t play a lick of defense. I know that UNC is a good team, but you can&#39;t tell me that the only way we can stop them is to foul. We can&#39;t guard the post, we can&#39;t guard the 3&#39;s. I am surprised that UNC is not winning 80-39 right now&#33; The Vols look like they have given up. They are very flat. :shakehead:

I don&#39;t think we are flat...we are just bad.

By the way? Is North Carolina close to Maui or something. Did they all hop in their canoes and row on over? They have a lot of people there and the refs are playing to the crowd&#33;

Originally posted by orangetd88@Nov 24, 2004 12:11 AM
UT is not bad. UNC is a great team.

It is maddening to watch this team sometimes, though.

Definitely...hope they all come back next yr..that would be a special yr&#33;

UNC brings people where ever they go.

Seems there are less UT fans there tonight than last night.

Lofton looks good tonight. Quick to the cloning machine, we need 4 more of him&#33;

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Nov 23, 2004 11:15 PM
By the way? Is North Carolina close to Maui or something. Did they all hop in their canoes and row on over? They have a lot of people there and the refs are playing to the crowd&#33;

I think Carolina plays in the Maui tournament every year.

Maui, that&#39;s in the Outer Banks, right?
(j/k)

I&#39;m not sure playing in a high school gym in front of a bunch of Hawaiians counts as a road win.

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 23, 2004 11:25 PM
I&#39;m not sure playing in a high school gym in front of a bunch of Hawaiians counts as a road win.

Ok, how about an oversea win?

Originally posted by GAVol@Nov 23, 2004 11:25 PM

I didn&#39;t say it was a good one. But it was a win away from home. They&#39;ve already matched their total in that category from last year.

. . . and there goes Crump . . . fouled out with 7 minutes to go????

That block McCant&#39;s had on Scooter&#39;s 3 attempt was as good as it gets.

I am really impressed with how McCants has looked tonight. 27 points with 3:00 left is a pretty good night at the gym&#33;

I can&#39;t help but think what this Tennessee team would be like with some quality post players&#33;

VN Store

Back