Was the Lattimore hit retaliation for this...

hit on Zach Rodgers as he is coming down with the ball (1:45min mark)?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbEx-idPyyM [/youtube]

It looks nearly identical to the way Gordon flew in to hit Lattimore low. That was dangerously close to blowing ZRo's knee out exactly the same way Lattimores was. I know some will disagree, but that hit on ZRo looks kind of dirty to me. Like the safety meant to injure him....flying in low just as the receiver is coming down with all his weight on one leg?

Notice how early it is in the game...well before the hit on Lattimore. I know it might well be just a coincidence, but I do think some teams are just dirty like that.

I've seen a lot of draft footage lately where Bama players highlights include them pulling opponents jersey's (like that is a big play for them?), to keep them from getting separation and pushing them out of bounds with the ball still in the air, etc.

So, that's not to say Gordon wanted to cause that much damage, but perhaps it was an attempt to hit their star player low, in retaliation? After pausing the footage right at the moment of impact, you can see the USCjr DB intended to strike at the knee.

Maybe the most idiotic and asinine post I have ever read on this board. Gordon was going low so that Lattimore didn't run the f@@@ over him!!! Defenders are taught from the earliest age of pee wee football to "get lower than their opponent. Gordon could not take Lattimore straight up - he would get "blown up"!

Lattimore 5-11 220 lbs - Gordon 5-9 190 lbs.

OP, "what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

Most of football is reaction and instinct. Coaching and practicing figures into that because it becomes part of that instinct but for something like that the answer is no. Instinctively football players know to get lower than their opponents.

hit on Zach Rodgers as he is coming down with the ball (1:45min mark)?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbEx-idPyyM [/youtube]

It looks nearly identical to the way Gordon flew in to hit Lattimore low. That was dangerously close to blowing ZRo's knee out exactly the same way Lattimores was. I know some will disagree, but that hit on ZRo looks kind of dirty to me. Like the safety meant to injure him....flying in low just as the receiver is coming down with all his weight on one leg?

Notice how early it is in the game...well before the hit on Lattimore. I know it might well be just a coincidence, but I do think some teams are just dirty like that.

I've seen a lot of draft footage lately where Bama players highlights include them pulling opponents jersey's (like that is a big play for them?), to keep them from getting separation and pushing them out of bounds with the ball still in the air, etc.

So, that's not to say Gordon wanted to cause that much damage, but perhaps it was an attempt to hit their star player low, in retaliation? After pausing the footage right at the moment of impact, you can see the USCjr DB intended to strike at the knee.
A typical football forum post...

This thread is beginning to look like a conspiracy theory web site. The hit was ACTUALLY retaliation...Lattimore is NOT a power back...we did not ACTUALLY land on the moon!

Your having a different opinion doesn't make anyone else's stupid. Just throwing up some food for thought. They appear identical, and I know if I saw an opponent try to take out my teammate's knee, I'd return the favor.

It probably is coincidental, but a mighty odd one. That DB was aiming at the WR's knee. There is no way to mitigate that and say he was just hitting low. When you try to take a WR out low like that while they are in the process of catching the ball, you instinctively know it's likely going to take them out of the game. That's why that USCjr DB seemed stunned that the WR got up unscathed.

You are downright stupid for thinking that some players don't intentionally try to injure others. Harrison, formerly with the Steelers would get fined over and over for dirty hits.

Why do you think there was so much media coverage over the "bounty scandal" in the NFL? It was a culture. Brett Favre got tackled "low"...to take him out of the game. It pretty much did.

The more you talk the more my original post is confirmed....you've obviously NEVER played or practiced football past the pee wee level in your life.....

The hit by the SCe defender was clean and nothing to be upset about. Using your reasoning--you might as well say the Eric Berry hit on Knowsh&t Moron from UGA was a dirty hit, too! :salute:

Your having a different opinion doesn't make anyone else's stupid. Just throwing up some food for thought. They appear identical, and I know if I saw an opponent try to take out my teammate's knee, I'd return the favor.

It probably is coincidental, but a mighty odd one. That DB was aiming at the WR's knee. There is no way to mitigate that and say he was just hitting low. When you try to take a WR out low like that while they are in the process of catching the ball, you instinctively know it's likely going to take them out of the game. That's why that USCjr DB seemed stunned that the WR got up unscathed.

You are downright stupid for thinking that some players don't intentionally try to injure others. Harrison, formerly with the Steelers would get fined over and over for dirty hits.

Why do you think there was so much media coverage over the "bounty scandal" in the NFL? It was a culture. Brett Favre got tackled "low"...to take him out of the game. It pretty much did.

If you haven't noticed, you're pretty much on your own in this thread.

VN Store

Back