We have 7 RBs on roster, six of them 200 or more lbs.

I think the dark horse x factor guy in the room is Cam Seldon. If it clicks for him we are in amazing shape. Sampson is proven in a platoon and if we can get him running mates to keep him fresh he's gonna do damage. Wilks and Barnes are scout teamers. Its gonna come down the some combination of 2 of Bishop, Keith and Lewis to be the platoon fillers. I feel like if Seldon reaches his potential he can be AK-lite as far as skill set.

I don’t know that there are many backs in general that are under 200 pounds any way? At least I can’t remember the last under 200lb back we had?

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Kamara was 214 at the Combine.
His move set made him seem lighter.

We need a bruiser to step up for us.
I would like a Princeton Fant-type player to step up.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
BUT CAN THEY BLOCK FOR A THROWING QB?? It is said that running opens up an offence for everything. Will if you can't pass block as a running, opening up a passing game becomes really difficult. Funny how being poor at only one facet can effect everything.

Reactions: SpookyAction
BUT CAN THEY BLOCK FOR A THROWING QB?? It is said that running opens up an offence for everything. Will if you can't pass block as a running, opening up a passing game becomes really difficult. Funny how being poor at only one facet can effect everything.
Small's injuries and Wright's improved pass blocking enabled Wright to be the man last season. Wright was good in protection.
Sampson improved his blocking last season. If he improves a bit more he will be an asset in protection. I thought Jabari Small was an elite pass blocker and it was why he was the starter in 21 and 22.
Our coaches have a track record of RBs getting better in protection.
I am hopeful.

I think the dark horse x factor guy in the room is Cam Seldon. If it clicks for him we are in amazing shape. Sampson is proven in a platoon and if we can get him running mates to keep him fresh he's gonna do damage. Wilks and Barnes are scout teamers. Its gonna come down the some combination of 2 of Bishop, Keith and Lewis to be the platoon fillers. I feel like if Seldon reaches his potential he can be AK-lite as far as skill set.
IMO, AK 5-10 & 195-200 college a lot better wiggle than Cam S & as of now & then AK was great at catching the ball out of back field & making something happen.
Cam S is 200 at 6-2 IMO they are very different backs that could change but I look for Cam to be up to 240 like Jamal Lewis before he leaves UT, JMO.
I think Cam is more of a Little Man Stewart clone 6-1.5 & 215
All good ppl to be compared to. GBO

Last edited:
Small's injuries and Wright's improved pass blocking enabled Wright to be the man last season. Wright was good in protection.
Sampson improved his blocking last season. If he improves a bit more he will be an asset in protection. I thought Jabari Small was an elite pass blocker and it was why he was the starter in 21 and 22.
Our coaches have a track record of RBs getting better in protection.
I am hopeful
Yes, they do, but it takes a minute because getting better in pass protection as a back is less about your blocking technique (pad level, leverage, etc.) and more about just recognizing who's coming and from where. Sampson got way better just in the time between the end of the regular season and the bowl game. Iowa had and elite defense and gave us a lot of different looks and pressure packages. Both Nico and Dylan handled those well. Dylan is the only truly proven RB we have so we need him to stay healthy and at least 2 of the others to step up.

Reactions: SpookyAction

We have 7 RBs on roster, six of them 200 or more lbs.​

So, what you are saying, is that if we put our 7 backs together that avg over 200lbs, our opponents would have this to deal with?

1722181248182.png

Reactions: LittleVol
I think the first time we shift Cam out of the backfield into a receiver slot, forcing a LB to cover him in space, we can force a defensive coordinator to expend a time out. I expect to see that happen sometime in the next two years.

Yes, they do, but it takes a minute because getting better in pass protection as a back is less about your blocking technique (pad level, leverage, etc.) and more about just recognizing who's coming and from where. Sampson got way better just in the time between the end of the regular season and the bowl game. Iowa had and elite defense and gave us a lot of different looks and pressure packages. Both Nico and Dylan handled those well. Dylan is the only truly proven RB we have so we need him to stay healthy and at least 2 of the others to step up.
AP made my day yesterday on local news saying if DS had to come out, as of today Bishop would be first in. Said he had impressed the staff bigtime. As his biggest proponent during recruitment, I am all in. If he is NOT a step slow, he is a gamer. Will find out soon.

AP made my day yesterday on local news saying if DS had to come out, as of today Bishop would be first in. Said he had impressed the staff bigtime. As his biggest proponent during recruitment, I am all in. If he is NOT a step slow, he is a gamer. Will find out soon.
Cam looked pretty good against Iowa, some of his first real work against a really good D. Love that he's patient, but then really commits and seems to always fall forwards. Great short yardage back. If Bishop is ready and Cam gets healthy we should be set at RB.

Reactions: Go Fight Win
Pass protection is a concern.

Reactions: pimo1
Right now, we have 1 proven back. Hopefully somebody will step up, (FAST) play up to their hype, and give Sampson some breathers. We have nowhere near the RB talent we had last year. With Wright (all SEC in my book) and Small, we have lost a 1500 yds rushing combo. And Wright (as yall know) was the fastest player on the team!

Last edited:
Reactions: BreatheUT and pimo1
Right now, we have 1 proven back. Hopefully somebody will step up, (FAST) play up to their hype, and give Sampson some breathers. We have nowhere near the RB talent we had last year. With Wright (all SEC in my book) and Small, we have lost a 1500 yds rushing combo. And Wright (as yall know) was the fastest player on the team!
both now on NFL rosters

Nice look at our RB room. These guys should produce for us.

I really like our RB unit. They combine speed and size beyond what we have had for a long long time.

All the younger dudes lack is experience, and that comes with reps on the field. And, we play 3 winnable games prior to any SEC ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hank Bukowski

VN Store

Back