Weather for the Kent State game

Volbrando

Due to the hurricane coming up from the gulf, it looks like Saturday could be a rainy/stormy day and night. Let's hope the forecast gets better....definitely don't want them to play on a wet field and increase injury risk.

as of 2pm Tuesday
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Will be driving up Friday from Middle Tennessee and returning late Saturday night. Is rain predicted for both days and is it supposed to be better by kickoff?

I’m finding it hard to even want to watch the game to begin with. Chattanooga was fine to get a tune up game I get that, but I have no desire to waste a week seeing us beat up on another cupcake.
We only get 12 of these guaranteed per year. I'm watching start to finish regardless who we play, where, and when.

Rain may actually help us as a team and as fans.
We'll run, run, run, which keeps the offense on the field and should be a good balance between time on field for offense and defense.
As fans, that runs the game clock down faster so the game should be shorter time wise...that's a win if you are in attendance in the rain.

I'm good with us getting wet-ball experience sooner against a cupcake than later against a pound cake.

My biggest fear of injuries would be if there are lightning delays and guys going back into play not completely stretched and ready.

I wonder how many games Nico has ever played in rain? I'll bet it's a number so low he could tell you immediately.

We only get 12 of these guaranteed per year. I'm watching start to finish regardless who we play, where, and when.
I’ll watch. I just find it hard to get excited. I know other teams do it too, I just don’t get any thrill out of it. Feels like we’re waiting for an extra bye week to get to Oklahoma, and I generally am one to say don’t overlook an opponent.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Due to the hurricane coming up from the gulf, it looks like Saturday could be a rainy/stormy day and night. Let's hope the forecast gets better....definitely don't want them to play on a wet field and increase injury risk.

as of 2pm Tuesday
Saturday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Saturday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
That thunderstorm bit is the sucky part. Rain ain't gonna change anything but thunder might. Also rain chances under 80% mean flip a coin.

I’ll watch. I just find it hard to get excited. I know other teams do it too, I just don’t get any thrill out of it. Feels like we’re waiting for an extra bye week to get to Oklahoma, and I generally am one to say don’t overlook an opponent.
I agree, it's not as exciting as Oklahoma, Florida, Bama, Georgia. But back in March or April I would have dropped anything I had going on to watch this 2024 team play. It's going to be a blowout but atleast it's Tennessee football. I can also have a stress free Saturday watching other games and enjoying them knowing we will be 3-0 going into Norman, NC state was a 50-50 game back a few weeks and we passed that test. College football is alot more enjoyable when Tennessee is good.

VN Store

Back