@WestTennesseeFox has misplaced her Duckface and needs help finding it

Until Memphians care about making their city better and elected officials in Nashville stop actively screwing over the City of Memphis, there is little a mayor can do. Even one that passes bills via duck-face persuasion.
Nashville to Memphis: You have your own revenue streams. 🙄

Nashville to Memphis: You have your own revenue streams. 🙄

By Nashville, I am referring to the State Government. Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Memphis pay taxes and Memphis residents pay sales taxes to the state government and those funds are allocated to billion dollar handouts to the Titans and hundreds of millions for theaters while Memphis gets scraps.

For example, the Orpheum Theater in Memphis gets $0 from the State while the equivalent in Nashville got close to a quarter billion for a renovation.

Reactions: VolNExile
By Nashville, I am referring to the State Government. Fortune 500 companies headquartered in Memphis pay taxes and Memphis residents pay sales taxes to the state government and those funds are allocated to billion dollar handouts to the Titans and hundreds of millions for theaters while Memphis gets scraps.
Yes

For example, the Orpheum Theater in Memphis gets $0 from the State while the equivalent in Nashville got close to a quarter billion for a renovation.
Thanks to Cybil for helping to save the Orpheum.

VN Store

Back