@WestTennesseeFox search party thread

@WestTennesseeFox
Is time the same everywhere?
Is time real or is it just a shadow of now?

No, we experience time through gravity, night and day. The real question is, Would we experience time the same if we lived in a different environment

yes. If we were asleep all our lives, would we experience time the same? I’m saying, no. But, our bodies would still age because of our environment.

Yes but you didn’t explain our given ( E = h𝝁) and how it affected the relationship

The equation E = h𝝁, is the Planck-Einstein relation, where E represents the energy of a quantum system, h is the Planck constant, and 𝝁 represents the frequency of the associated wave or particle. This equation relates the energy of a quantum system to its frequency and is an important result in quantum mechanics.

Overall, classical mechanics provides a good approximation for large-scale systems, while quantum mechanics is necessary to describe the behavior of microscopic particles and systems at the atomic and subatomic level.

Please explain quantum indeterminacy using some uranium, some poison, a box, and a cat.

Quantum indeterminacy, also known as the principle of superposition and entanglement, is a fundamental concept in quantum mechanics that deals with the probabilistic nature of particles and systems at the quantum level. While the famous "Schrödinger's cat" thought experiment does illustrate some aspects of quantum indeterminacy, it is important to note that the experiment was devised as a theoretical paradox and is not a direct representation of real-world quantum phenomena.

In the thought experiment, let's imagine a box containing a live cat, a small amount of radioactive uranium, a vial of poison, and a device that detects the decay of the uranium and releases the poison. The decay of uranium is a random process, and according to quantum mechanics, the state of a radioactive atom is described as a superposition of both decayed and non-decayed states until it is observed.

Initially, before any observation is made, the uranium is in a superposition of both decayed and non-decayed states. According to the Copenhagen interpretation of quantum mechanics, the cat's state is entangled with the uranium's state, meaning it is also in a superposition of both alive and dead states.

However, as soon as an observation is made, collapsing the superposition, the cat's state becomes determinate. If the uranium decays and triggers the poison, the cat is considered dead. If the uranium does not decay, the cat remains alive. The act of observation forces the system into one of the two possible outcomes, with a specific probability determined by the initial superposition.

The paradox arises because, according to the thought experiment, until the box is opened and the cat is observed, the cat is simultaneously considered both alive and dead. This seems to defy our classical intuitions, where a cat cannot be in two mutually exclusive states at the same time.

The purpose of Schrödinger's cat was to highlight the strange implications of quantum mechanics when applied to macroscopic objects, as opposed to subatomic particles. It demonstrates the concept of superposition and entanglement, where a system can exist in multiple states simultaneously until observed, at which point it collapses into a definite state.

No, we experience time through gravity, night and day. The real question is, Would we experience time the same if we lived in a different environment

yes. If we were asleep all our lives, would we experience time the same? I’m saying, no. But, our bodies would still age because of our environment.
Nobody asked you.
lol

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Life is like an hourglass glued to the table. Noone can find a rewind button now so cradle your head in yours hands and breathe. Just breathe.

I'm so tired of losing, I got nothing to do and all day to do it well I'd go out cruisin, but I've no place to go and all night to get there

Reactions: rocytop2624
89ab86dffa996c9f04494706d9ad214d_w200.gif

VN Store

Back