What’s on the Menu, for your BaseVols dinner tonight?

Smoked Boston Butt, Mardi Gras wings from Publix, home made salsa, chips, my canned pickles, okra, brothers beets, tater salad, fresh corn on the cob, popcorn, sauces, variety of beers, margaritas, Beam and Jack, Fireball for emergency, lemonade, iced tea, celery, watermelon, and more. Counting it down. Couple hours til we take the field and couple days til we take the trophy 🏆 Go Vols!

Tacos and Keystone Light. You may ask yourself this question, "Why in the world would a dude drink a Keystone Light?" Well, my brothers, I will drink a single Keystone Light tonight not because I enjoy it, or because it is a good beer. Neither of those apply. But, Keystone Light is such a bad beer that it has to be filtered so many times that it loses its purines. And purines lead to gout. So, as a healthy middle-aged man who is careful about what goes into his body, I will pound that single Keystone Light in my beautiful VOLS jersey and watch us win 6-4. Because beer and baseball go together. My homily is written for tomorrow. My Vols will win tonight. And, God willing, my big toe will not revolt and all will be good in Knoxville, TN. Amen.

Was at the ball fields all day yesterday. Today I’m going to get some pressure washing done this morning and then throw on some burgers and Jalapeño and cheddar brats on the ok grill.

So for the Finals Monday it will most likely be Subway sammiches...Kirbys family friends from church have an invite to watch as well. Subway cookies as well...GO VOLS! Tomorrow may be the Grey unis..

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Smoked a pork butt, grilled corn on the cob, baked Mac n cheese, and watermelon. Had the in-laws and niece/nephews over to share. Then I threw the baseball with them in the backyard. This is what summer feels and tastes like.

Tacos and Keystone Light. You may ask yourself this question, "Why in the world would a dude drink a Keystone Light?" Well, my brothers, I will drink a single Keystone Light tonight not because I enjoy it, or because it is a good beer. Neither of those apply. But, Keystone Light is such a bad beer that it has to be filtered so many times that it loses its purines. And purines lead to gout. So, as a healthy middle-aged man who is careful about what goes into his body, I will pound that single Keystone Light in my beautiful VOLS jersey and watch us win 6-4. Because beer and baseball go together. My homily is written for tomorrow. My Vols will win tonight. And, God willing, my big toe will not revolt and all will be good in Knoxville, TN. Amen.
Allopurinol not proving sufficient to enjoy a tastier beer?

For tonight: chicken verde enchiladas, chips & spicy red salsa, & margaritas to wash it down.

Using the Tex-Mex angle for "counter-psych" purposes! Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: tntar heel
I'm kinda culture-shocked at how elaborate everyone's gastro-festivities are! It's forcing me to reconnect with distant memories...

Guess I've been living alone and away from N'awlins too long. Had forgotten about tailgating and celebrating gamedays with food. Y'all are inspiring me to shake things up a bit tonight!

Neighbor hosted Saturday, I was able to double dipped him again yesterday, finished grilling what shrimp remained and had enough buffalo leave for kabobs. That W made much more tastier.

VN Store

Back