What a year.

Hi all. Lurked for a while but first time posting. Echo the OP. Most of TV’s tenure has been amazing but this was so much fun.

I’m a former walk-in back when Helton was playing (who’s walk-in didn’t go so well due to injury). But I did get to serve as an equipment manager one year when Sony Cortez set the HR record that C-MO just broke.

Anyway, to others that have talked about where the program is headed and how things are changing I genuinely believe we’re going to continue to see college baseball become a preferred destination instead of signing first year player draft contracts out of high school. I also worked in pro baseball including minors and scouting/player development after graduating. Even back in the 90s we ate better, stayed at better hotels, and generally had better facilities/accommodations until you got to some triple-A teams. And now with NIL most of the elite players are going to be able to make far more than they can can playing rookie league and A-ball and probably even double A. College baseball is on the rise and is about to explode. And TV has Tennessee positioned to be at the forefront of the college baseball renaissances for many years. Go Vols!
Welcome!

Hi all. Lurked for a while but first time posting. Echo the OP. Most of TV’s tenure has been amazing but this was so much fun.

I’m a former walk-in back when Helton was playing (who’s walk-in didn’t go so well due to injury). But I did get to serve as an equipment manager one year when Sony Cortez set the HR record that C-MO just broke.

Anyway, to others that have talked about where the program is headed and how things are changing I genuinely believe we’re going to continue to see college baseball become a preferred destination instead of signing first year player draft contracts out of high school. I also worked in pro baseball including minors and scouting/player development after graduating. Even back in the 90s we ate better, stayed at better hotels, and generally had better facilities/accommodations until you got to some triple-A teams. And now with NIL most of the elite players are going to be able to make far more than they can can playing rookie league and A-ball and probably even double A. College baseball is on the rise and is about to explode. And TV has Tennessee positioned to be at the forefront of the college baseball renaissances for many years. Go Vols!
Delurk/Noob upvote!

Reactions: @1RBFjr

Thanks for the insight and input. Please lurk less and post more! I’d be proud as heck if I could say I was good enough to be a walk-on our university!

IMG_3040.jpeg

Welcome to the board!

GBO!!!

Reactions: Volfan1000 and MAD
Best winning record in the nation.

Hit the most HR's in the nation.

Won the SEC regular season championship.

Won the SEC tournament championship.

Won the regionals.

Won the super regionals.

Won the whole darned thing. NCAA 2024 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP.

Really not bad for a seasons work. The guys are gonna need help carrying all the hardware they collected this year.

Nice job Tony. You are #1!

2024 IS CLAD IN ORANGE AND WHITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Thanks everyone for the welcome. We have the best fanbase - a resilient base that's been through a lot. The Ship was huge after all the trials and huge for the collective mindset, and it's good to see football finally ascending again! Amazing what good leadership can do.

I look forward to engaging more!

You said it, so it must be true!

I believe!

VN Store

Back