What are other message boards saying?

Ole Miss fans are not Kentucky or South Carolina. They hate MSU and Bama and have total control of their senses when it comes to understanding the pecking order of the SEC. Most of my family is from there and they are pretty sober about what Mississippi football is.

Reactions: EastTN28
What "basics" are you talking about? UT was VERY good for a half vs UF. I don't think OM or Arkansas wants to play UF's run game.

For that matter... MU scored 28 pts on offense against the current #11 team in the country... who is ranked there because of its D. They had 17 on UT and only 10 of those were when the game was even remotely competitive.

Problem isn't whether he can throw it. He can. The problem is who he will throw it to. Mingo unless a miracle has occurred will not play. Drummond and Sanders have 752 yds and 38 catches between them. The only other 4 WR's to record at least one catch total 15 receptions for 144 yds and no TD's.

Plumlee a converted QB may very well be their next best WR.

According to Heupel... he appears to be playing unless he's reinjured in practice.

I would truly love to replay Pitt right now with the way this team is playing on both sides of the ball. It could very well be worse than MU.

Simply a recap of what I read on the ole miss 247 board.

Reactions: sjt18
They write this stuff as if they think every opponent not named Bama is going to give them 200 yds on busted coverages and not be better than Arkansas was against their run game.

Arkansas absolutely monkey stomped them running the ball. They had 350 yds against that "mediocre" defense. UT's only bad game vs the run was UF- 287 yds.... and Arkansas ain't UF in terms of OL talent or RB's. I think most would take Mullen over Pittman as an offensive coach too.
Well... if you can run for 350 and LOSE... that's a concern!

Their 247 board just fired 3 of its staff including the owner.

A staff member misquoted a recruit. The recruit called him out because he had never even spoken to him. The staff member then used the excuse that he's used a stringer, someone other than himself to gain information, but he wrote the quote as if it was in first person contact. Now, that board has broken apart and the former owner is setting up a new board which began opeartion yesterday and there's a big fight going on over whether to remain loyal to the new manager/owner, who was part of the old staff, or go join the new board which has offered a year's membership for $1.

It's a real brouhaha.
Live look at them getting that Ole Miss interwebs up and working
75CBD85A-BFA3-4BA2-83E7-54E6F4CF63BE.gif

I think OM could get on a roll early, establish a lead, and have UT chasing all day.

I think it could be tit for tat and go down to who has the ball last.

But I also think that UT's advantage on D could give UT some stops and extra possessions. If UT runs the ball as well as they should vs this D... then UT's scoring should be similar to the first halves of USCe and MU for as long as UT needs to score.

As far as their O being better, Corral is great. Excellent QB. But their RB's aren't as good as UT's. They have two good receivers after losing Mingo but UT has at least 5 or 6 guys better than their #3 guy. UT's top three are comparable or better than OM's top 2.

Two keys to watch. UT leads FBS in TFL's. If they get some vs OM it will cause them trouble. OM is also 128 out of 130 FBS teams in penalties. UT is the best in the SEC and 11th in the nation in drawing opponent penalties.
I love the penalty info, could be huge. Since Pitt we have been very good there.

I think OM could get on a roll early, establish a lead, and have UT chasing all day.

I think it could be tit for tat and go down to who has the ball last.

But I also think that UT's advantage on D could give UT some stops and extra possessions. If UT runs the ball as well as they should vs this D... then UT's scoring should be similar to the first halves of USCe and MU for as long as UT needs to score.

As far as their O being better, Corral is great. Excellent QB. But their RB's aren't as good as UT's. They have two good receivers after losing Mingo but UT has at least 5 or 6 guys better than their #3 guy. UT's top three are comparable or better than OM's top 2.

Two keys to watch. UT leads FBS in TFL's. If they get some vs OM it will cause them trouble. OM is also 128 out of 130 FBS teams in penalties. UT is the best in the SEC and 11th in the nation in drawing opponent penalties.
That last paragraph, and this is the difference maker, this is why we win big at home!

VN Store

Back