What are your thoughts on Aidoo probably going to Arkansas?

It caught Barnes off guard and put him in a tough spot.

Not to mention it isn’t a good luck to leave your team after being mostly being a no-show in the NCAA Tournament.

That’s just me.

That's the good aspect of the portal. It took us less than 2 weeks to replace him with a guy who lacks Aidoo's deficiencies but has limitations of his own.

I don't want to hijack the thread so no more posting for me on the topic.

Kid gloves are off with these players in the portal era. When you leave for a rival that you’ll face next season, you will lose all good will built with the former fan base. Part of the deal now. I don’t feel animosity toward Awaka but I hope Aidoo regrets his decision.

Reactions: volanatic
Kid gloves are off with these players in the portal era. When you leave for a rival that you’ll face next season, you will lose all good will built with the former fan base. Part of the deal now. I don’t feel animosity toward Awaka but I hope Aidoo regrets his decision.
Hope he didn't choose ARkansas thinking Calipari is going to coach him up. Calipari is a snake oil salesman masquerading as a ball coach. He's never won a game because of his coaching. He wins because he has better players and sometimes he can't even do that. He's a clown. A very rich clown, but still a clown. I wouldn't put his coaching up against any coach UT has had since Mears and that includes Wade Houston and Buzz.

Old rule. Impediment to earnings. NEXT!
Well, Josh Pate confused me this morning. I was listening to Dusty and Danny in the Morning on Sirius, and Pate said that the current portal window was not as "chaotic" as he expected because he thought a bunch of kids would transfer from their current SEC school to another SEC school. Then he said he remembered the SEC interconference transfer rule of sitting out one year. The host agreed with him, so there's some confusion out there.

Well, Josh Pate confused me this morning. I was listening to Dusty and Danny in the Morning on Sirius, and Pate said that the current portal window was not as "chaotic" as he expected because he thought a bunch of kids would transfer from their current SEC school to another SEC school. Then he said he remembered the SEC interconference transfer rule of sitting out one year. The host agreed with him, so there's some confusion out there.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Wish him good luck except when he is playing against Tennessee. I wish he had continued to [play as well as he played in some of the mid season games, but he disapp[eared in the tournament games. For some reason, his attitude changed and I think he resented being benched because of his play lated in the season. He may play very well net year, but we will have to wait and see. I think we improved our team at both the 4 and 5 position for next year.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
giphy.gif

Reactions: Rocky Knocksville
Hope he didn't choose ARkansas thinking Calipari is going to coach him up. Calipari is a snake oil salesman masquerading as a ball coach. He's never won a game because of his coaching. He wins because he has better players and sometimes he can't even do that. He's a clown. A very rich clown, but still a clown. I wouldn't put his coaching up against any coach UT has had since Mears and that includes Wade Houston and Buzz.
He's won a ton of games because of his coaching. It's a false narrative that he can't coach players up

I guess my thoughts are. Who cares. This constant turnover will soon be commonplace. Will just be pulling for a jersey with some strange kid in it.

It doesn’t matter to me. He’s doing what he thinks is best for his future. Maybe it works out and maybe it doesn’t. He was never anything but a classy and respected player at UT. I wish him the best.
Except when he lied to the coaches. Good news is that’s the last soft act we will see from Aidoo

he’s always struggled against physical 4s and 5s. Which with Barnes always confused me because he wants to have the most physically domineering team on the floor, and I didn’t think he’d let Aidoo be that way his entire career like he did without benching him. It looked like that came to a head against Purdue at the worst time possible. Is what it is.
So who would Barnes put in over him? Awaka? We literally had no depth in the post. It was Aidoo, Awaka and JJJ....It was what it was and the kid was in a tight spot because realistically he should be playing the 4 we just were so threadbare in the post we were playing a combo guard as our power forward. It is amazing what that team accomplished with the lack of depth in the post... we just cant seem to keep post players for some reason. BHH, ORN etc...

VN Store

Back