What did you have for dinner II?

Chicken pot pie by Marie Callender.

I am eager to try a seafood pot pie in the future from Marie Callender.
Your post prompts me to mull over reducing seafood stock. When simmering the shrimp heads & shells for shrimp stock, there’s a moment when the flavor profile is perfect. Leave the heads & shells in for longer and this will “sour” the taste. Once the broth is filtered, cannot reduction ensue without ruining the flavor? If one is careful to control temperature and stir periodically, isn’t it possible to achieve demi-glace or even glace with the most desirable flavor profile?

Your post prompts me to mull over reducing seafood stock. When simmering the shrimp heads & shells for shrimp stock, there’s a moment when the flavor profile is perfect. Leave the heads & shells in for longer and this will “sour” the taste. Once the broth is filtered, cannot reduction ensue without ruining the flavor? If one is careful to control temperature and stir periodically, isn’t it possible to achieve demi-glace or even glace with the most desirable flavor profile?

I can warm up leftovers in the microwave and make sandwiches but I do not cook for the simple reason is that I have cerebral palsy and it would be dangerous for me to try to cook.

Perhaps somebody else on this thread can answer your question.

I can warm up leftovers in the microwave and make sandwiches but I do not cook for the simple reason is that I have cerebral palsy and it would be dangerous for me to try to cook.

Perhaps somebody else on this thread can answer your question.

My fiancee also has the same condition (CP) which has lead me to want to cook more. She likes similar things as me,but is also is a little pickier than me which I've gotten used to. When we get married, I'll be cooking more. Sorry,it might sound useless on here,but your post reminded me of her.

VN Store

Back