What does an effective offensive game plan look like on Saturday?

Lexvol

I'm Your Huckleberry
More wide receiver screens?

50 rushing attempts split between Lane and Neal?

Five wide with Lane and Neal on the field at the same time?

Some Wildvol?

I think we have determined that Worley isn't going to be able to stretch the field with his arm.

More wide receiver screens?

50 rushing attempts split between Lane and Neal?

Five wide with Lane and Neal on the field at the same time?

Some Wildvol?

I think we have determined that Worley isn't going to be able to stretch the field with his arm.

if he can't do that... then forget the entire game plan

Reactions: 2 people
Hurry up and get to the line, force them into their stances, and ram it down their throats for 60 mins is what I'm hoping to see. That sounds kind of dirty now that I think about it.

Reactions: 4 people
if he can't do that... then forget the entire game plan

I agree, he is going to have to have some efficiency throwing the ball downfield if we are to have any sort of chance in this game. Oregon's defensive front is actually pretty good and I dont know if we will be able to try and run the ball 50 times on them and sustain drives.

Play action on first down when they're crowding the line and least expect it. Worley actually keeping the ball on the zone-read (I feel like this has been set up the last two games). A few deep fade routes early to North and Croom to back their D off.

Run, run, run, it up the gut. Use that all star offensive line that we have. Keep Oregons offense off the field. When we do have to pass, I'd like to see some screens and swing passes. Keep Worley confident, he doesn't have the arm to throw bombs. I have a feeling that Butch didn't exactly show all his cards against AP and WKU. The offense looked very basic in those games. If we could beat Oregon or take them to the wire I say it gives us the confidence we need to win in Gainesville.

I agree, he is going to have to have some efficiency throwing the ball downfield if we are to have any sort of chance in this game. Oregon's defensive front is actually pretty good and I dont know if we will be able to try and run the ball 50 times on them and sustain drives.

I'm leaning much more toward short timing routes. His timing in the long passing game just isn't there yet.

Play action on first down when they're crowding the line and least expect it. Worley actually keeping the ball on the zone-read (I feel like this has been set up the last two games). A few deep fade routes early to North and Croom to back their D off.

I do expect to see Worley keep it on occassion in this game. It appears we've been setting that up the last 2 games. Watch all the offensive plays and on nearly every run play our QB half heartedly fakes a run. I smell a ruse in doing that.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm leaning much more toward short timing routes. His timing in the long passing game just isn't there yet.

Or arm. I do expect to see more short play action passes. If they stuff the run, we are doomed.

Or arm. I do expect to see more short play action passes. If they stuff the run, we are doomed.

You have to think they are going to put nine in the box until we burn them, even in the short passing games. I think it will be interested to see if we can spread the box through our formations.

I'd like to see them run some 5 wideout packages but instead of deep passes keep it short. If the line can keep the pressure off of Worley it's very hard to cover 5 receivers for any length of time.

I'd like to see them run some 5 wideout packages but instead of deep passes keep it short. If the line can keep the pressure off of Worley it's very hard to cover 5 receivers for any length of time.

I think we will have show at least a few five wide looks.

Will have to, but if you limit everything to short timing routes all game long without being able to throw anything downfield effectively, you're toast. Im hoping Worley can manage to hit one or two targets downfield to back the corners off and give some room for the short stuff. It will have to be a perfect storm in order for us to come away with a win.

If we win this game it will be because of our O-line.

O-line has to mash them up front so we can establish a run game. If Worley has > 25 attempts I think we've lost for sure.

I do think we'll see a handful of screens and quick slants, but only enough to keep them honest. At some point if North or Croom are isolated with cover 0 I could see us taking a strike. Croom better catch it this week if he has that opportunity again.

Draw play on 1st down.
Screen pass on 2nd down.
Pass to tight end over the middle (or trap block for Neal) on 3rd down.

Shuffle pass (Pig) on 1st down.
Read/option (to Lane) on 2nd down.
Pass to flat (North) or Screen to Neal on 3rd down.

etc., etc..

Need to look for our TD drag more this game. Agree with the folks mentioning more screen passes.(although they have to be set up right. Oregon is too quick to telegraph it in the least) And if the situation can stand it a fake or 2 might be on the menu too.

I do expect to see Worley keep it on occassion in this game. It appears we've been setting that up the last 2 games. Watch all the offensive plays and on nearly every run play our QB half heartedly fakes a run. I smell a ruse in doing that.

I agree.

If we win this game it will be because of our O-line.

O-line has to mash them up front so we can establish a run game. If Worley has > 25 attempts I think we've lost for sure.

I do think we'll see a handful of screens and quick slants, but only enough to keep them honest. At some point if North or Croom are isolated with cover 0 I could see us taking a strike. Croom better catch it this week if he has that opportunity again.

That drop changed the complexion of the second quarter. I'm not trying to dog Croom. He is young and will certainly be more reliable with experience, but that was Worley's best throw of the day. It was a big drop.

Reactions: 2 people
That drop changed the complexion of the second quarter. I'm not trying to dog Croom. He is young and will certainly be more reliable with experience, but that was Worley's best throw of the day. It was a big drop.

Worley probably surprised Croom that he got it there.

O-line is the strength of the team and needs to play like it. Short passing attack to set up the run, run north/south, be opportunistic and burn them when/if you can. Repeat.

VN Store

Back