What does Butch Jones mean to the UT fan?

Some of us knew he'd never deliver and we're viciously attacked on this site for saying so.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I never attacked anyone for not liking Dooley. It was the constant whining and repeating the same crap everyday by a handful of posters.
The ride was hard enough as it was, but having little crybabies in the back whining the whole, long, trip made a tough situation harder to deal with.

I never attacked anyone for not liking Dooley. It was the constant whining and repeating the same crap everyday by a handful of posters.
The ride was hard enough as it was, but having little crybabies in the back whining the whole, long, trip made a tough situation harder to deal with.

How funny. Calling his coaching and mgt style the dung heap it was, was crying in the eyes of you and the other Defend Dooley No Matter What Brigade.

I never attacked anyone for not liking Dooley. It was the constant whining and repeating the same crap everyday.

Women whine. Men complain.

CBJ and the HOPE I have, not the false hope of Do little which most of us had!

Obsession with DOOLS LOL! It was hope which he never delivered!

Actually, the thread is about what CBJ means to us individually (or if you insist, collectively). But some folks just have a genetic predisposition to haul DD into a thread as if he's a siamese twin.

Now, back to our regular programming. CBJ to me means we have a coach who is a rep seeking gunslinger who like Luke Short, has on-call gunfighter buddies to deal with odds stacked against him. He's gunning for the big time having paid his dues to the period of obscurity. And he's aiming at the biggest and baddest established guys. Like Luke Short, he doesn't back down and he's got partners who won't let him down. I think he's bringing the UT football into an era we haven't seen before. You can laugh at me now, but to me he's going to prove to be Saban 2.0 but like Luke Short, with a gentleman's demeanor.

Reactions: 1 person
Nope. Posting the same thing all day, everyday, was crying and got old. Plenty of people on here were pissed at Dooley and I didn't have a problem with 95% of them.

He gave us a good game while at Cincy? LOL. And I'm sure you posted that thought right after the game too, right? Too funny.

I would have posted something like "We beat the Hell out of them. Bring on Florida. Dooley is the man!"
:popcorn:

What CBJ means to me is that we don't have to rehash the past lack of success under Dooley and his revolving door of assistant coaches and look to the future with hope!:clap:

I hope i'm not the only one that created a Twitter account just to follow commits, targets, past and present players.

Last edited:
CBJ and staff mean victories , but he says the base must be patient. I'm all in. Expect to be less disappointed though. Our team will get back to playing traditional Tennessee football very soon. :rock2:

There was plenty to complain about obviously, but a few posters take it to the extreme.
A full year of constant ******** isn't healthy for anyone, imo.

I was a complainer but not sure what category I fell in to be honest. It was a very unhealthy time for all.

I was a complainer but not sure what category I fell in to be honest. It was a very unhealthy time for all.

Unhealthy for us all, but I imagine you know the difference between frustration leading to complaints, vs the constant, repetitive stuff. We all knew ky beat us and didn't need daily reminders.
At any rate, I hope Butch unifies the fanbase and we can all put Dooley and the Gruden fiascos behind us. I would rather not think or hear about either one of them.

Unhealthy for us all, but I imagine you know the difference between frustration leading to complaints, vs the constant, repetitive stuff. We all knew ky beat us and didn't need daily reminders.
At any rate, I hope Butch unifies the fanbase and we can all put Dooley and the Gruden fiascos behind us. I would rather not think or hear about either one of them.

Some of us wanted to put Doofus behind us a long time ago. And don't try and change history scooter. You and your ilk attacked any who criticized Doofus and you continually made excuses for him up until it was finally obvious to you he was gonna get the boot he so richly deserved.

and there you have it. You hang onto stuff like a scabbed kanker.
Always have. Always will.

And I assume you didn't read much of anything I posted after the 4th quarter of the Florida game. If you did, you would stfu.

Reactions: 2 people

And I assume you didn't read much of anything I posted after the 4th quarter of the Florida game. If you did, you would stfu.

:good!::clapping::good!::clapping::good!::clapping::clapping:

Right now, I'm so grateful for Butch Jones. The amount of work he is putting in for this program, and what he's been able to accomplish is 100/100.

I'll admit---I was skeptical at first. But any skepticism is completely gone. I don't care if he comes in and we choke(which I don't think we will). As far as I'm concerned---he's proven he's worthy just by what he's done so far in the off-season.

We are number one in recruiting. Number one.

That's awesome with everything considered. I think CBJ will go down in history as one of our all-time greats.

Haha haha so funny. Like I said, you defended him up until the end. And now you wanna redo history. You were a fool then and a fool now.

VN Store

Back