What does VFL mean to you?

I like the idea behind it but since Dooley came up with it can we come up with something different like FPFV (Former Player Forever Vol)...

While initiated for football players and all Vol athletes, it seems to me that VFL has become popularly defined as a person who has primary loyalties to UT. It's a Big Orange State of Mind, a way to unite and strengthen a fan base.

Reactions: 3 people
If this video has been posted here before, My apologies. Before you post your response watch the whole video. It got me pumped for Fall to roll around.

Inky Johnson's Motivational Speech To The Vols On April 13, 2013 - YouTube

Inky made me wanna go kick the S#!T outta Gator fan just now............just don't like Gator fans....my cross to bare.

gator_fan_2.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
It's a term that should be forgotten. It's idealistic and embarrassing.
It means nothing to anyone but the fans.

While initiated for football players and all Vol athletes, it seems to me that VFL has become popularly defined as a person who has primary loyalties to UT. It's a Big Orange State of Mind, a way to unite and strengthen a fan base.
Being a Vol fan is not a choice.

It means you're a Volunteer of the great state of Tennessee. It means you're a man (or woman - no disrespect!). It means you have honor,courage, and the ability to grow every day.

Embarrassing? Loosen up there a lil bit Choncho.

Yes, it's embarrassing. Since the term was created, we've seen massive turnover every year. It has become a punchline.
It means nothing at all to coaches other than a recruiting tool, and it only seems to matter to players that graduated long before its inception.

It's a term that should be forgotten. It's idealistic and embarrassing.
It means nothing to anyone but the fans.
I disagree 100%. It's a great tool for the players. I'm not a big fan of the way it's been co-opted by fans, but it was inevitable.

VN Store

Back