What guides your political beliefs?

Political Beliefs

• Total voters
(utvolpj @ Apr 6 said:
Why? I think it's perfectly understandable. If your core morals/beliefs are not followed by a person/party than why vote for them. For example, if you believe abortion to be wrong based on your beliefs, how could you vote for a pro-choice candidiate? Like it or not, it is a driving force in many American lives.

How could you vote against your moral beliefs??? Because, like it or not, single issue voters is why over 200 years there have been so many worthless and confounding acts of legislation passed in this country.

It is understandable because over 3/4 of Americans have never read anything more than the preamble of our Constitution, yet they vote for representatives to protect and defend that same Constitution all the time. Easy fix, poll exams (and it is completely Constitutional.)

(utvolpj @ Apr 6 said:
Why? I think it's perfectly understandable. If your core morals/beliefs are not followed by a person/party than why vote for them. For example, if you believe abortion to be wrong based on your beliefs, how could you vote for a pro-choice candidiate? Like it or not, it is a driving force in many American lives.
I'm all for religion. I used to be a committed christian myself. I just don't think it's right to force your religious views on others through legislation. For example, if you believe abortion to be wrong based on your religious beliefs, then don't get one, but denying that right to others who don't share your religious beliefs is wrong imo.

(MyBloodRunnethOrange @ Apr 6 said:
I'm all for religion. I used to be a committed christian myself. I just don't think it's right to force your religious views on others through legislation. For example, if you believe abortion to be wrong based on your religious beliefs, then don't get one, but denying that right to others who don't share your religious beliefs is wrong imo.

. . . but that's an ethical/moral stance too.

And I share your pro-choice position.

(therealUT @ Apr 6 said:
How could you vote against your moral beliefs??? Because, like it or not, single issue voters is why over 200 years there have been so many worthless and confounding acts of legislation passed in this country.

It is understandable because over 3/4 of Americans have never read anything more than the preamble of our Constitution, yet they vote for representatives to protect and defend that same Constitution all the time. Easy fix, poll exams (and it is completely Constitutional.)

I believe that it's a simple matter of right and wrong. Just because our views differ doesn't mean I'm not going to pursue my beliefs.

Also, please read this "The Voting Rights Act of 1965". Yes it is technically for literacy but functionally illiterate people vote all the time (usually Democrat :p ). Not that I would be against it, but it won't ever happen.

EDIT to Dems, it was a joke!

therealUT, what are some of the documents and or ideals that you would like to incorporate into our own?

p.s. Was the tadpole reference to your response, or is it interent lingo? I am terrible with interent protocol.

(OrangeEmpire @ Apr 7 said:
therealUT, what are some of the documents and or ideals that you would like to incorporate into our own?

p.s. Was the tadpole reference to your response, or is it interent lingo? I am terrible with interent protocol.

The tadpole reference was towards the youth of France (Frogs-->tadpoles.)

I believe that our legislatures, both state and federal, have passed enough legislation to last thousands of years. I would love to see a movement in which there was a large scale repealing of a bunch of these acts. Our Federal Government has given into pressure from lobbyist (like MADD) and in turn, has tryed to become our parents.

I would love to see us make a move towards a stronger stance of, you have the right to do as you wish as long as you don't infringe upon the rights of others. I believe strongly that was one of the guiding principles America was founded on.

I believe that our legislatures, both state and federal, have passed enough legislation to last thousands of years. I would love to see a movement in which there was a large scale repealing of a bunch of these acts. Our Federal Government has given into pressure from lobbyist (like MADD) and in turn, has tryed to become our parents.

I would love to see us make a move towards a stronger stance of, you have the right to do as you wish as long as you don't infringe upon the rights of others. I believe strongly that was one of the guiding principles America was founded on.

:bow: :biggrin2: :air_kiss:

Yeah, that pretty much states it............... :air_kiss:

P.S. I tried to attempt a States Rights discussion in the hard nosed political forum.

(therealUT @ Apr 7 said:
The tadpole reference was towards the youth of France (Frogs-->tadpoles.)

Well said!!

(therealUT @ Apr 7 said:
:clapping: Well said :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back