What Happens if 'AA Sends UT Notice of Allegations Anyway?

Are you okay with no governance at all? Players don't have to go to school or progress towards a degree? The highest bidder wins? Players can be poached mid-year by another team with more $$'s?

What next? Kick the SEC to the curb? Why are they needed?
Nope, you have not read any of my past post. I have never said anything like your drivel. Don’t try to put words in my mouth. The fact remains the NIL is here, yes we need a governing body. Yes going to school has nothing to do with getting NIL opportunities. But the NCAA arm is broken and outdated. They had 4 years to find a solution and never really tried. College football and NIL can survive without this current bogus arm of the NCAA. They are only people, a new group can be formed by the conferences. They did it once they can do it again. Or the power 5 can form their own governing body. They can function without the current arm of the NCAA.

Last edited:
Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
judge already ruled on this, inclucing boosters being involved. At this point NCCA has no jurisdiction at all concerning what we have heard UT has been alleged.
You are correct! Judge basically said boosters could be part of collective. The NCAA has had booster on the brain forever. They have never been able to effectively govern it before, that is why they selectively went after folks on the past. Like I have said they should have told the truth along time ago and said we simply cannot realistically monitor what a adult wants to give a college student and focused on grades and things they could actually fairly control and govern. But selective governing gave them more power to dictate and cherry pick. But some folks are fine with the under the table money grabs and the look aways and selective cherry picking old ways. Then the can pretend their doing a great job.

Last edited:
Battered Vol Syndrome says they are stewing and looking for a screwing. It appears, if they cherry pick Tennessee for other minor violations, but then put harsh penalties in place as punative, it's a bad look for them. That never stopped them before. Like someone said, they could put us in a difficult bracket with a bad seed for basketball. (didn't that happen last year)? The NCAA has a punchbowl with an orange floater in it. And they say ESPN hates us!!

Thing is, other teams are doing everything we are being investigated for (NIL part) and it's going to be "hold my beer and watch this". I don't know if other states will band together like Tennessee did with Virginia, but just think if it was individual. NCAA lawyers have 48 more court cases to attend. (I'm dumb on this subject, but it sounds good).
If that does happen and I have thought of that, UT should institute a 150 million dollar lawsuit for harrasment

And the Universities are using NIL as a back door to have booster's money transferred to athletes. Neither side in this is an angel. And neither side has the best interest of the athletes. It is all about the money.
It is in the best interest of the athletes for them to make fair market value for their NIL.
It is in the best interests of the NCAA to stop illegally trying to interfere with NIL.

Bored Nothing GIF

Will the NCAA continue to investigate UT and can they claim UT broke rules that don't apply to NIL?

I seem to recall a few weeks ago the word on the street is they will be investigating UT for multiple wrong doings.

What is to stop the NCAA from not complying with the temporary injunction? How long is the temporary injunction in place, until there is a ruling and court order handed down?

What happens with the lawsuit moving forward, since basically there is just pending litigation?
Wipe our azz with it.

Reactions: S.C. OrangeMan
I once got buzzed enough at a Christmas party and quoted this entire line on the microphone when asked to say what we were thankful for related to the company.
Dude put the microphone in my face and it was all I could think of was
"He tasks me, he tasks me and I shall have him...."
I went all the way.
One of my favorite quotes EVER. Well done!!!

I suspect it will all come down to the allegations and the proposed penalties. Pretty clear by now that UT won't and shouldn't accept anything that further reduces our scholarships. If they don't go after the post season or players on the roster, it might be something that UT wouldn't fight. Both sides would benefit by finding a way for the NCAA to save some face while UT gets some sort of harmless slap on the wrist and the only losers are the lawyers. Clear the deck and both sides go their separate ways. Having said that, the Eeyore in me says that it just won't be that simple. Frankly, even if it does go down the easy way, I'm sure the NCAA will continue to dig on UT. They're like herpes.....off and on. They'll never truly go away.
Tennessee shouldn't accept any penalty of any kind. The NCAA is trying to enforce rules that are blatantly illegal. The state and the University should stay in the offensive. The NCAA is toast on this issue.

That was a backdoor attempt to regulate NIL by the NCAA, post NCAA vs Alston. It was patently false and a blatant anti trust, anti competition move. The judge busted them with the injunction. He doubled down on it with his statement that Tennessee is likely to win at trial on the merits of the case.
I agree

I suspect it will all come down to the allegations and the proposed penalties. Pretty clear by now that UT won't and shouldn't accept anything that further reduces our scholarships. If they don't go after the post season or players on the roster, it might be something that UT wouldn't fight. Both sides would benefit by finding a way for the NCAA to save some face while UT gets some sort of harmless slap on the wrist and the only losers are the lawyers. Clear the deck and both sides go their separate ways. Having said that, the Eeyore in me says that it just won't be that simple. Frankly, even if it does go down the easy way, I'm sure the NCAA will continue to dig on UT. They're like herpes.....off and on. They'll never truly go away. Herpes and the NCAA, the gifts that keeps on giving

No, just no. The NCAA can't do anything to UT until the case is adjudicated, and then inky if they win.

They aren't going to win, because their entire model is illegal under federal law. The 9-0 Suire e Court decision in the Alston case says so.

The injunction in the Greenville court prevents them from taking any enforce EBT action against UT for Nico's plane ride, NIL, it anything related.

VN Store

Back