What other message boards are saying (NC State Pre Game Edition)

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
-I know the WCU game was only one game, but I do not have the warm and fuzzies about Tennessee game. If I was a betting man I would put it on Tennessee to cover.

-I might feel a smidge better if we manhandled WCU. Struggling to assert dominance until the 4th quarter may be typical for a Doeren led opener but nonetheless worrisome. We don't usually win games like Tennessee.

-I've never felt like we were going to beat Tennessee...just hope we can keep the score respectable and not lose by more than 10. Right now, I don't think we will keep it within 21.

-We should probably stop scheduling games against big programs at the beginning of the season. We just don’t fare well.

-The simple fact is, we always start slowly. Not a complaint, just a statement regarding our situation. Is what it is. Let’s at least amass some wins at the start in order to build confidence and experience.

-Tennessee is going to look past the Pack just like the Pack looked past the Cats. 24 - 21 Pack.

-UT is a lot better at home, i'm sure they travel well but i wonder if this neutral site being in NC will give us any advantage.

-If you want easy money, you turn your head at the betting window and take Tennessee.

-Tennessee is going to roll us. They are easily a top 2 team in the nation.

-Tennessee will win by 20 plus, it is what it is.

-Against the Vols, we need our kicker to kick every kickoff out of the end zone. We need zero turnovers, minimal penalties, and no stupid penalties.

-I have zero hope after seeing Tennessee yesterday, their qb didn’t even play the 2nd half and won the damn Heisman.

-This game is going to be like the gator bowl game against Texas A&M, a blowout. We lose 56-21.

-I saw way too much from UT yesterday to even think we have a prayer on Saturday night. Tennessee is a playoff team and likely a national title contender.

-WCU beat Chattanooga 52-50 last Oct. Chattanooga scored more points on them than we did.

-Did y’all see those Tennessee offensive and defensive lines? They will destroy us.

-Those Tennessee receivers will have a field day.

-Tennessee travels very well, they’ll out number us, there’s zero advantage.

-That Nico kid is one of the absolute best college qb’s ever and they will torch us.

-I want to feel good about this one, but if we couldn’t pressure WCU, what makes anyone think we can pressure Tennessee?

-Tennessee’s first string may sit out the 2nd half of this one too. Tennessee is a damn good football team and may be even better than they were in 2022.

-Show up, tailgate and have fun, but we ain’t winning this one.

-Tennessee was very nice yesterday, they could’ve easily scored 100. They’re good and we’re not, it’s a loss.

That’s a very grounded, clear-eyed fanbase right there. They’re like the anti-Kentucky.

That one poster is even higher on our Vols than I am. Top 2? Okay, who knows, maybe! I think we could be a contender. Easily top two? Um…Georgia, Bama, OSU, Texas, Ole Miss and a few others might have something to say.

Also high on Nico “one of the best college qbs ever” yeesh. Just call him “Peyton Manning with wheels” or “6’6” Bryce Young.”

That’s a very grounded, clear-eyed fanbase right there. They’re like the anti-Kentucky.

That one poster is even higher on our Vols than I am. Top 2? Okay, who knows, maybe! I think we could be a contender. Easily top two? Um…Georgia, Bama, OSU, Texas, Ole Miss and a few others might have something to say.

Also high on Nico “one of the best college qbs ever” yeesh. Just call him “Peyton Manning with wheels” or “6’6” Bryce Young.”
Yeah, that top 2 comment stuck out to me, too. We aren't there yet.

They know what's coming. Except for the 1 guy who thinks we'll over look them. It's Sunday and the focus is already on NC State. I highly doubt we look past them.
Also our next game is Kent State who got rolled by Pitt. So I don’t see us looking past NC State for Kent State, just that dude wishing with no substance.

Also our next game is Kent State who got rolled by Pitt. So I don’t see us looking past NC State for Kent State, just that dude wishing with no substance.
I assumed he meant looking ahead to going to Norman. Otherwise it’s a bonkers statement

Reactions: TnScooby
Damn they’re super deflated already
giphy.gif

-The simple fact is, we always start slowly. Not a complaint, just a statement regarding our situation. Is what it is. Let’s at least amass some wins at the start in order to build confidence and experience.
This sounds so much like comments made when Jones was still HC.
-Tennessee is going to look past the Pack just like the Pack looked past the Cats. 24 - 21 Pack.
One of the things I really love about Heupel... is that I don't think UT has overlooked anyone since he became HC. He seems to have a way of both acknowledging that the Vols are a better team without letting the team go under prepared.

They sound like fans of a program that struggled for the first three quarters against a lesser talented program - all gloom and doom. Hope our players don’t think for a second that this will be an easy game. They are a solid team in the upper half of the ACC and could beat us if we don’t play well.

VN Store

Back