What other message boards are saying (Post Iowa Edition)

Extra reps and not scoring when you can so classless lmao
This is hilarious. They would have said we were classless if we had gone for that last touchdown. But now we're classless for stopping at the 1yard line and letting the clock run out. Frankly, I think that decision gave us the best of both worlds. Especially since they were ranked well above us going in.

Be honest how many good P5 programs would put up w avg 8 wins/yr for 25 years? Answer - zero. Iowa should be embarrassed they didn’t fire that boring boomer loser 15 years ago. No fan base in their right mind should put up with that level of mediocrity.

My thoughts on the game as an Iowa fan.

About how I expected it to go. Earlier when I said stop the run we will struggle to score 10, the Qb can’t throw against air. I wasn’t kidding and I think you guys saw that on full display. From inaccuracy/ to not being able to read a defense, and just bad decision making all around. No team in their right mind can/should respect Iowa passing game, thus we see loaded boxes and on 3rd and long pass rushers teeing off.

Logical Iowa fans know the record was insanely over inflated, that being said I don’t think the programs are as far apart as score says I know that’s very laughable to Tennessee fans. A capable Qb makes this offense at least decent. Oline is average but capable. Rb’s are solid, TE’s will be great next year, definitely need one more explosive WR.

I think our D proved to be good. They gave up about 24. With an offense that goes 3 and out 50% of the time. With a decent offense 24 can keep you in every game. I didn’t see our defense just severely overwhelmed athletically.

As for Tennessee, I thought the G/C/G did a fabulous job, really controlled the interior. Tennessee running with that much success surprised me. Rb could just dance behind line wait for player to blow his run gap and hit the hole for good to great gains.

Nico looked fantastic Tennessee fans should be estatic. I see alot of Stroud in his game.

Zero problem with Tennessee trying to score late. It was backups/ Iowa had 80% of starters in. Tennessee players deserve those live reps for growth if program.

Wish the game was more entertaining, but Tennessee was far superior and it showed.

A capable Qb makes this offense at least decent. Not without a couple of receivers that can catch the ball.

I think our D proved to be good. I didn't see a top 10 or even top 20 defense. Your D was way over-hyped. Good, but not nearly as good as advertised. The Vols were the best offense they faced this season, and we were ranked 16th or 17th nationally with all our starters.

Rb could just dance behind line wait for player to blow his run gap and hit the hole for good to great gains. Our RBs did that most of the year. Very well-coached at that position.

Nico looked fantastic Tennessee fans should be estatic. I see alot of Stroud in his game. Didn't see a lot of Stroud. I see a more accurate Jayden Daniels. If his receivers improve and he plays like he did today, he'll be in the Heisman ceremony next year.

Wish the game was more entertaining, but Tennessee was far superior and it showed. I bet on the Vols for the 1st time in almost 50 years because of what I surmised was a grossly over-hyped Iowa defense and horrible offense, even with the exodus of 7 Vol starters, I predicted the Vols would win by 3TD.

VN Store

Back