What will we know after this season?

how is the Auburn game of consequence they laid an egg last year.i do not think it would look good for UTto beat uga if they loose to the barn in knoxville

We'll know a few things but I don't think we'll be able to do a serious analysis until after the 3rd or 4th season and here's why...

This incoming class of recruits was buTch trying to add what he could on the pathetic recruiting efforts of CDD and staff and he did a decent job in a short amount of time BUT the recruiting class he's working on now looks too good to be true so far and in Feb. we'll know how good this class really turns out.

Our O line should be 1 of the best in the country this year BUT after this season most or all of our O line will be gone so we'll be starting all over again rebuilding our entire O line and being forced to try to bring in 5 or 6 really good O linemen in 1 recruiting class is NOT how you want your recruiting rotation to be setup but we can thank laMe kiffScum for putting us in that situation so the next season after this onhe will be rough too in the trenches.

This year we should have a better idea on IF buTch is getting the culture turned around from a Losing culture to a positive mindset where the kids really start to believe and expect to Win and that's a huge 1st step ijn the right direction.

We should also know if buTch has the kids in better shape and never giving up, especially in the 3rd quarter, and if the kids are playing all out, giving 100% on every snap all the way up to the end of the game.

We should also know if buTch has the kids playing alot tougher and more physical like SEC/Tennessee football must be played in order to start getting back to where we can fight against any SEC team that stands in front of us and that's another very important 1st step back in the right direction.

We should also know how well our coaching team works together on the field and during halftime to make important adjustments to give us a better chance in the 2nd half.

I still expect it to take 3 or 4 years before we're back in the serious hunt for a SEC East Championship and beyond because we're still weak for really good players on a 2 or 3 deep gameday rotation and that depth issue can only be changed by consistant recruiting of really good players at every position.

So far it's been good but buTch and staff are only just getting started on a long, tough road back to the top.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

We'll know a few things but I don't think we'll be able to do a serious analysis until after the 3rd or 4th season and here's why...

This incoming class of recruits was buTch trying to add what he could on the pathetic recruiting efforts of CDD and staff and he did a decent job in a short amount of time BUT the recruiting class he's working on now looks too good to be true so far and in Feb. we'll know how good this class really turns out.

Our O line should be 1 of the best in the country this year BUT after this season most or all of our O line will be gone so we'll be starting all over again rebuilding our entire O line and being forced to try to bring in 5 or 6 really good O linemen in 1 recruiting class is NOT how you want your recruiting rotation to be setup but we can thank laMe kiffScum for putting us in that situation so the next season after this onhe will be rough too in the trenches.

This year we should have a better idea on IF buTch is getting the culture turned around from a Losing culture to a positive mindset where the kids really start to believe and expect to Win and that's a huge 1st step ijn the right direction.

We should also know if buTch has the kids in better shape and never giving up, especially in the 3rd quarter, and if the kids are playing all out, giving 100% on every snap all the way up to the end of the game.

We should also know if buTch has the kids playing alot tougher and more physical like SEC/Tennessee football must be played in order to start getting back to where we can fight against any SEC team that stands in front of us and that's another very important 1st step back in the right direction.

We should also know how well our coaching team works together on the field and during halftime to make important adjustments to give us a better chance in the 2nd half.

I still expect it to take 3 or 4 years before we're back in the serious hunt for a SEC East Championship and beyond because we're still weak for really good players on a 2 or 3 deep gameday rotation and that depth issue can only be changed by consistant recruiting of really good players at every position.

So far it's been good but buTch and staff are only just getting started on a long, tough road back to the top.

I say 1 to 2 years given the climate of college football win or else now, that and the Kelly influence on coach butch's style. We'll know as much after game 4 as we know after the final game of this upcoming season. Game two will be a tougher defensive test than apprieciated...game 3 will be the ultimate patience/defense/special teams/coaching of coach Butch's career, game 4 is Gator week....we get here 4-0 we're the talk of ESPN.

A season into his career at UT, what will we as fans know? Other than the obvious answer, would you say that we will be able to tell if he is the man to bing us back into the national spot light or is this truly an irrelevant year that he needs to pad depth and teach basics and as such cannot be judged? I'll hang up and listen.

(1) We will know how good of a coach Jones is.

(2) We will know who our q.b. is.

(3) We will know who our receivers are.

We will not know
(1) who our starting offensive line will be for 2014.
(2) who our defensive linemen will be for 2014
(3) Who our linebackers will be for 2014.

I say 1 to 2 years given the climate of college football win or else now, that and the Kelly influence on coach butch's style. We'll know as much after game 4 as we know after the final game of this upcoming season. Game two will be a tougher defensive test than apprieciated...game 3 will be the ultimate patience/defense/special teams/coaching of coach Butch's career, game 4 is Gator week....we get here 4-0 we're the talk of ESPN.

That's a great dream and I'm 100% on board for that happening as long as we can keep that going all season, LOL!

If we head into game 5 4-0 with huge Wins over both Oregon and FloriDUHHHH then I'll believe anything is possible after that including beating alaBummer 2 times on the way to a National Championship.

After that we'd have to turn down some of the best recruits in the country simply because we can't sign that many new kids, LOL!

Most guys who have made it as coaches in the SEC in the past 20 years have had significant success in their first year. Even Saban's 7-6 year at Alabama included a big win over Tennessee (and a top 20 ranked Arkansas). So we should have a pretty good idea of whether Jones will be good or not after year 1. But, probably a better indicator of his true potential is what he does on signing day 2014.

:)We TENNESSEE FANS will know we are headed back to the top and little nick will be getting a azz kicking pretty soon.

(1) We will know how good of a coach Jones is.

(2) We will know who our q.b. is.

(3) We will know who our receivers are.

We will not know
(1) who our starting offensive line will be for 2014.
(2) who our defensive linemen will be for 2014
(3) Who our linebackers will be for 2014.

so we are in trouble in 14 is what you are trying to say.

I think we have talent on this team especially on defense the offense will be fine if we can limit turnovers and get points and sustain drives. We are going to find out and will know by the end of october if this coaching staff can get it done or not. Blah blah but the schedule is brutal, so what, it's not like we ain't been thru it before, just win. Injuries could hurt us on defense though.

VN Store

Back