What would our fan base do?

Sadly, the majority would probably just shrug and move on. I mean, you would think people would go nuts if we hired a proven loser joke of a coach and gave him a hefty buyout. Nope. Or if we hired a lifetime bammer who couldn't even keep his previous AD job as our AD. Uh uh. UT fans have shown a propensity in recent years to bury their heads in the sand.

What would we do if someone did something to our rock on the hill, our 'give all for Tennessee' sign, or our stadium in a foul manner?

I think it's disgraceful what happened to the auburn fan base with their trees, the Vol fan that got his car painted with the USC stuff, and now this, clemsoms Howard's rock!

What would we do, how would we react?

NCAAF Damage to Howard's Rock is a crime - ESPN

The only thing I would be really outraged about is if they harmed Smokey or another fan's car. The rock can be replaced and is technically vandalized on a regular basis. Same deal with the sign.

With Smokey though, I would be sickened because that is someones pet, and you don't mess with a person's pet.

I felt bad about Auburn and their trees.

the fanbase would riot and spread mayhem in the hinterlands --- it would be terrible!

What would we do if someone did something to our rock on the hill, our 'give all for Tennessee' sign, or our stadium in a foul manner?

I'd like to think we are all too busy with our jobs and lives and would let the players take care of it on Saturday.

Not sure I follow? So I'm a loser if I think it would be a bad day on the Hill if something we care about got vandalized?

When someone you love dies, that's a "dark day". When someone vandalizes an object associated with a sporting event its, at best, irritating. Unless you're a loser. Then its a "dark day".

Reactions: 1 person
When someone you love dies, that's a "dark day". When someone vandalizes an object associated with a sporting event its, at best, irritating. Unless you're a loser. Then its a "dark day".

Oh shut up, you know what he meant, you're just trying to argue.

Reactions: 4 people
"In 1896, Auburn students greased railroad tracks in anticipation of the Georgia Tech football team's arrival from Atlanta. The prank worked, as Tech's train slid an extra five miles down the track. The Yellow Jackets had to walk about five miles to the stadium, where they were walloped 45-0."

:lolabove:

Reactions: 4 people
I would hope for the plagues from the Bible to rain down on the ones who did it.You know pestulance,frogs,blood in th water,locust in th floor board,and that blue smoke showin up at your door at night.J/K Id be mad tho.:)

I think it's disgraceful what happened to the auburn fan base with their trees, the Vol fan that got his car painted with the USC stuff, and now this, clemsoms Howard's rock!

What would we do, how would we react?

NCAAF Damage to Howard's Rock is a crime - ESPN

Let me make a few comments before directly answering your question.

In this day and age, what passes for pranks are no longer harmless. By harmless, I mean in the past the bulk of pranks didn’t cause irreversible physical harm to people or property. By harm, I mean the prank didn’t inflict real or potential medical trauma on a person. Or permanent physical damage to property. Were there exceptions back in the day? I’m certain there were, but as I said, the bulk of pranks were basically harmless.

Today, there is a dedicated mission among pranksters to be either or both gross and destructive.
We’re seeing kids pushing elderly wheelchair bound people down escalators. {Youtube removed the video due to law about I.D.ing juveniles in court cases}. Food handlers standing in your food. Slobbering on your bread. Slashing your tires. Pissing in the office’s coffee. Starting fires on public land (or anywhere).

My point is, what passes for pranks today, have repercussions that are a danger to the life and limb of others. I personally, think that three things are at play. One, is Dr. Benjamin Spock's grossly misguided influential, books on children rearing. Two, the bullying behavior by so-called social workers toward parents. Now, I admit some parents, maybe too many were/are abusive as opposed to merely disciplining. So some kids do need protection. But social workers have far too much leeway. Three, modern media of TV, movies, and video games encourage gross and destructive behavior. Kids are bombed daily with such media that literally celebrate such conduct.

Now, to answer your question. I believe if someone is dumb enough to damage the rock or Torch Bearer at the UT, they are beyond dumb. I honestly believe we have people who if they found out who did it, are not adverse to grabbing a shotgun and blowing the idiot to Hell because he sure wouldn’t be Heaven bound. There’s a reason Lane Kiffin sneaked out of Knoxville the way he did. I can't say I'd have much sympathy for the vandal in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Tactical nuclear strike..wait...we really don't have anything but the rock( and it ain't on any hill,it was dug up when they built something) and Neyland Stadium..so who cares

:chair:Take a club and beat the HELL out of them, they wont do it again after blood starts running out of there nose and ears.:bash: a hammer or chair will do the job to.:)

VN Store

Back