Whats Up????

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@May 18, 2005 12:38 PM
Please
Neither one of those can hold a candle to OSU "The Best Damn Band in the Land"

If you are talking about Ohio State, they don't even have the best band in the state of Ohio!
:neener:

Ohio U, which doesn't have any major sports teams worth mentioning, has a marching band that kicks the Band of Ohio State's a$$ !!!

Kids who are serious about playing music go to Ohio U over OSU.

Originally posted by TroyCG@May 18, 2005 4:02 PM
If you are talking about Ohio State, they don't even have the best band in the state of Ohio!
:neener:

Ohio U, which doesn't have any major sports teams worth mentioning, has a marching band that kicks the Band of Ohio State's a$$ !!! 

Kids who are serious about playing music go to Ohio U over OSU.
[snapback]95835[/snapback]​

OMG, their band uses woodwinds, Have a director with the name Suk. (Dr. Suk at that) I don't know about their overall music program, but grab a clue!

BTW, which bands have you been in?

I've been replying to the wrong dang post ever since vol_freak changed the board.

:geek:

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 18, 2005 5:33 PM
I've been replying to the wrong dang post ever since vol_freak changed the board.

:geek:
[snapback]95883[/snapback]​

Yeah, him and that dang twelve-pack have got us all upside-down. :puke:

Hey does anyone know what the Sudler Trophy is? I tried to look it up but couldnt find anything on it? Maybe someone could help me out?

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 19, 2005 1:51 AM
Hey does anyone know what the Sudler Trophy is? I tried to look it up but couldnt find anything on it? Maybe someone could help me out?
[snapback]96089[/snapback]​

Better yet, does anybody care what the Sudler Trophy is?

Attachments

• 2004pride.jpg
    2004pride.jpg
    277.8 KB · Views: 2
Ah thank goodness I found it...heres a description:

"The purpose of the Sudler Trophy is to identify and recognize collegiate marching bands of particular excellence who have made outstanding contributions to the American way of life. The Sudler Trophy is awarded annually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years."

Better yet, Bama received it in 2003 and UT hasnt gotten at all. PLEASE dont even try to say that UT is better in marching band, this is pathetic.

Bama won another trophy too.

About twenty seconds ago, when I read your post.

It was the "Beltway doesn't give a flying hell, what kind of trophy Alabama's band has won" trophy". Since you can't see it, I'll explain it for you.....

It looks alot like a man's hand. It's backside faces the screen and points directly at you, Yay Vols. It has one finger fully extended, with the two fingers beside that, slightly curled.

Ah, look, now that I am no longer typing, Bama just won two of them!

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 19, 2005 1:09 AM
Ah thank goodness I found it...heres a description:

"The purpose of the Sudler Trophy is to identify and recognize collegiate marching bands of particular excellence who have made outstanding contributions to the American way of life. The Sudler Trophy is awarded annually to a college or university marching band which has demonstrated the highest musical standards and innovative marching routines and ideas, and which has made important contributions to the advancement of the performance standards of college marching bands over a period of years."

Better yet, Bama received it in 2003 and UT hasnt gotten at all. PLEASE dont even try to say that UT is better in marching band, this is pathetic.
[snapback]96093[/snapback]​

If they are so great go to tidefans.com look under MDB alumni and check out all the complaints about the band. They used to go about 430 members and now are down to about 250. The program is in serious decline. Now if you happen to know anything about marching bands, please feel free to respond. :moon2:

Ha Ha, Auburn won last years and if you know anything about Auburn's band, is it's not that good. It's funny they give an award to someone without ever having a competition and if you researched and knew anything about some of the bands who have won it in the past, you would see that some of these bands aren't that good. TTU, UK, UCLA, JMU, Northwestern (They are as good as Vandy's band), and UMass? Please, some of these bands I have felt embaressed for. When we played Northwestern in the Citrus, Their band members were commenting on how much better our band was.

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@May 19, 2005 9:55 AM
JMU,  
[snapback]96124[/snapback]​

JMU????? :eek:lol: Are we sure that this trophy isn't given to the suckiest band? James Madison University..... :dlol:

I dont give a damn about Bama!!!! Im sorry they could win an award every week and you cant convince me that they are better than the Pride!!!!!!!! Yes, Im biased and I should be. I love the Vols and get chills when the Pride plays!!!!!

Originally posted by Yay Vols@May 19, 2005 10:51 AM
Hehe, you say those are the suckiest bands winning it and UT hasnt even been considered.
[snapback]96148[/snapback]​

Have you not noticed these are pretty random. I guarantee UT will have one in a number of years and even when they win it I could still care less. Until there is an actual competition, shut the he** up. Since you know so much about band please give your references and I shall give mine.

I just think it to be funny that he has to talk about who the best band is because we have owned his poor misguided football team for a long long time now. :laugh1:

He can't even argue about the best band. If he has watched them the last two years, he would realise they are becoming the laughingstock of the SEC right above Vandy and UF. I went to the Bama-OM game last year and they were pathetic.

I don't think that they played in the presidential inauguration like our band did this year did they?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@May 19, 2005 11:16 AM
I just think it to be funny that he has to talk about who the best band is because we have owned his poor misguided football team for a long long time now.  :laugh1:
[snapback]96153[/snapback]​

:dlol:

Add in that Alabama is owned by Auburn as well :D

Being that I am in Georgia, UGA beat them for the first time at Alabama in 2002 and owned them at UGA in 2003.....

Talk about owned

VN Store

Back