When are basketball game times announced?

cjbongoinstructor

Hoping to make the Louisville away game this year and can’t recall when they announce tip times ahead of college bball games so hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!

Hmm I don’t think so, I think we usually have tip off times for all regular seasons games before the start of the season. Exactly when before I don’t know

I think that the networks are assigned games quite early, but tip off times not as much. However, it does seem like at least the conference game tips are set very early.

UL is on a Saturday so there are many more potential start times versus a week night.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Last edited:
Last year the “full” TV schedule was released at the end of September. But there were 4 network flex games.

“The Vols have 25 of 31 contests confirmed for linear television, including nine on SEC Network, three on ESPN, seven on ESPN2 and two on CBS. Four others are considered “netflex” games, including three with ESPN or ESPN2 options and one with an ESPN, ESPN2 or ESPNU option. Those decisions will be made 7-10 days ahead of those games. There will be five matchups streamed live on SECN+. The full 2023-24 schedule is available at UTSports.com.”

Read more at: UT tip off times for basketball announced - Claiborne Progress

I thought I’d go to this game when I first saw the schedule, but then I realized it’s the same day as UT-Mississippi State football and we’re tailgating for that game. Hopefully the timing will work so we can watch basketball at our tailgate.

I thought I’d go to this game when I first saw the schedule, but then I realized it’s the same day as UT-Mississippi State football and we’re tailgating for that game. Hopefully the timing will work so we can watch basketball at our tailgate.
Going forward, there will be more flex involved in the basketball schedules. They left it wide open for football in this first year at 16 teams.

Reactions: NighthawkVol

VN Store

Back