When Does Dave Hooker Replace Basillio on TSR

Tony Basilio entertains. Others read you the newspaper or talk of their football days. I will follow Basilio to whichever station he chooses.

Reactions: 3 people
Probably been discussed before but I cannot find anything on this. When does Dave Hooker replace Basillio at 11 AM on TSR? They have him listed on the programming but Basillio is still on.

Hooker has been on for a week now? :unsure: That may be because I listen online? :ermm: So for he has had some good stuff on.

Here is the list of his shows and interviews the past week. Including interviews with Vic Wharton and Todd Kelly, Jr., Tyler Summitt, Holly Warlick, Zach Azzanni, Mark Elder and Cuonzo Martin!

The Dave Hooker Show

Last edited:
The only time of the day I listen to a different station then TSR, is when Basilio is on...wish him luck, but he caters to much to the negative listeners when he does talk football. All other times he is talking wrestling or golf.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with you that I don't like Basilio either. However I think you need to look up the meaning of the word monotone. Basilio is like an over the top caricature. Pure shock jock and at times outright silly. His radio endorsements are even worse! If anything, Hooker is monotone and after a steady dose of Basilio over the last year I am completely fine with that!

Maybe he meant monoschtick.

Tony Basilio entertains. Others read you the newspaper or talk of their football days. I will follow Basilio to whichever station he chooses.

Really? Maybe whichever station will have him?

I miss Double A (Alex Anderson). I wonder if there's any chance he'll ever get back into radio in the Knoxville market.

Hooker is on TSR from 1-3 until the end of the month then he'll take over Tony's spot. But I have to say, hooker is awful. Bad, really bad.

I agree! TB & DH are both bad. Basillio's accent was a turnoff plus he was irritating & talking about irrelevant stuff 3/4 of the time. Hooker is such a smart*** that he's hard to listen to. Give me a rerun of EA on 1180 over these 2 any day!

Hooker had good interviews and good guests. I like his approach. Doesnt bother me the he is a smart ass

Yeah if you're into someone actually trying to rationalize why we should buy out of the Oregon game. The most tarded statement in Vol radio.

Yeah if you're into someone actually trying to rationalize why we should buy out of the Oregon game. The most tarded statement in Vol radio.

i would rather listen to TB discussion on chickening out of the Oregon game than former players reminiscing about their playing days under David Cutcliffe. Also i can only tolerate so much lockerroom humor bedore i'm bored.

i would rather listen to TB discussion on chickening out of the Oregon game than former players reminiscing about their playing days under David Cutcliffe. Also i can only tolerate so much lockerroom humor bedore i'm bored.

I would rather listen to Hooker and real interviews with recruits and current and former players than TB asking nobody's where Geek Jr is playing baseball today. Geek Jr will be on TV tonight Tony. And when he does have a real interview he asks the most assinine questions with a mouth full of burrito meat.

VN Store

Back