When does the schedule get released?

Once again, judging by the OP, I think this likely comes down to the value of season tickets to your fanbase who are being asked to pay higher prices. A similar discussion was had last year after the announcement of season ticket restructuring and the home OOC schedule release.
Maybe, but once again season tickets are at an all time high with all time demand. So the value of season tickets, at least to vast majority, sure seems to once again be considered pretty high.

Looks better beating the good teams on the road or neutral site anyways. I don't mind home games being cupcake city in non conference.
With the new quadrant system this is a huge part of it…Louisville on the road is almost certainly a Q1 game, at home it’s quite possibly a 2 or even flirting with a 3 potentially. Same thing said for the neutral site games, and obviously when it comes to ACC/SEC matchups we don’t really get much of a say.

Looks better beating the good teams on the road or neutral site anyways. I don't mind home games being cupcake city in non conference.
I agree that winning on the road is always a good resume builder but for a paying customer I like to see some competitive games at home.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Maybe, but once again season tickets are at an all time high with all time demand. So the value of season tickets, at least to vast majority, sure seems to once again be considered pretty high.
Not interested in diving into this discussion again. Just speculating on the spirit and source of the OP's target.

And Basilio was right, home non conference schedule is bad
I disagree… it’s not bad at all… I would use “safe” compared to previous years, but not bad!! Plus it’s basketball, no matter who you play, you can’t take no opponent for granted!! I think Coach Barnes is considering the SEC schedule, and how good and brutal the league will be…. So it’s no need to face a bunch of ranked teams in non conference!!!

I disagree… it’s not bad at all… I would use “safe” compared to previous years, but not bad!! Plus it’s basketball, no matter who you play, you can’t take no opponent for granted!! I think Coach Barnes is considering the SEC schedule, and how good and brutal the league will be…. So it’s no need to face a bunch of ranked teams in non conference!!!

It's a fine schedule in general. A fellow Elite Eight school on the road, a visit to the Yum! Center, you'll play two great opponents at Baha Mar... that's all gravy, and good for NET.

When your marquee home game is a Tuesday night SEC/ACC-mandated matchup against a team that hasn't made the tournament in the last three seasons, though, you cannot say it's anything but a "meh" home schedule at best.

It's a fine schedule in general. A fellow Elite Eight school on the road, a visit to the Yum! Center, you'll play two great opponents at Baha Mar... that's all gravy, and good for NET.

When your marquee home game is a Tuesday night SEC/ACC-mandated matchup against a team that hasn't made the tournament in the last three seasons, though, you cannot say it's anything but a "meh" home schedule at best.
Yeah I agree.. I do like the Conference play home games more… I guess the Marquee will be the Arkansas game at best… My only issue with the schedule is “no exhibition game”… Coach Barnes love playing exhibition games so I’m curious to know why it’s not scheduled..

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Yeah I agree.. I do like the Conference play home games more… I guess the Marquee will be the Arkansas game at best… My only issue with the schedule is “no exhibition game”… Coach Barnes love playing exhibition games so I’m curious to know why it’s not scheduled..

One available spot is being used for the scrimmage with Indiana. Maybe keeping the other date unfilled is because IU could be quite physical and additional recovery time is being built in.

VN Store

Back