When Sports Writers Are Wrong

Maybe he saw the way the Iowa rush pushed him around like a paper doll. He did not protect the QB very well and was one of the reasons why he was sacked at least times. Someone has to realized that Sampson has to improve at picking and stopping the blitz. I love him as a runner, but the is not his only responsibility. He has all Spring and Summer to learn how to do it.
Didn't have a choice. Try and delay them if you can. That was one of the reasons for missed time this past season. Kinda limits the playbook when he is in. Opponents pretty much knew running play or pass in the flat. He'll learn like those before. Probably add another 10 lbs. to go with improved technique. He needed to initiate contact and when he didn't their senior defensive star politely removed him from the play and hit Nico.

Having been married to a journalist for over 40 years I KNOW journalistic integrity has evaporated both in civilian news and sports news. Editing/proofing one time were the last line of defense for truth. Now…not so much.

Amen

On3 is supposed to be a leading source for football analysis. So the obvious errors in this article by Kaiden Smith are jaw droppers. I've noticed that many sport writers do not know what they are writing about our team, and yet they write anyway as if they do.
Dylan Sampson glad he got opportunity to prove he can be a No. 1 running back

You have to understand about ALL journos ... they have daily production duties that consume them and make them valuable to their handlers. But, that leaves little time for actual "research" or learning. So, they "steal" one another's (journos) thoughts in order to sound knowledgeable in their product. 98% of their readers/viewers/listeners are even less knowledgeable than they. So, the hearers just slurp up whatever scraps they package up and toss out, forming the same opinion. But, those on the inside (player, coach, family etc) or those more well studied, see right through the B$! But the 1st group must stay quiet and the latter is so small that they sound like the dreaded " conspiracy theorist when speaking up.

This is true of ALL corp media. As long as people listen and BELIEVE the charade will stay in business.

Reactions: Lars
Only one I caught at a glance was saying Sampson was the second leading rusher behind Small. Pretty innocent error. What else was there?

Small error, you say? That is a whopping declaration of ignorance about the team he is writing about, and we are supposed to be getting information and insight from this source.

Last edited:
The bigger headline would be "When Sports Writers are Right"

Maybe he saw the way the Iowa rush pushed him around like a paper doll. He did not protect the QB very well and was one of the reasons why he was sacked at least times. Someone has to realized that Sampson has to improve at picking and stopping the blitz. I love him as a runner, but the is not his only responsibility. He has all Spring and Summer to learn how to do it.
Yet people couldn't figure out why Small played so much more than him.

I just wish they would proof read before posting that crap. I read an article the other day that referred to QB Micheal Penix as QB Penis.

I just wish they would proof read before posting that crap. I read an article the other day that referred to QB Micheal Penix as QB Penis.

Oh my. We might have thought that sports writers could not get any worse. I now believe that they will continue trending lower and lower.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back