When you see these you will know the corner has been turned

For all the excitement and everyone talking about this player and/or that player. Tennessee will not be competative till we have players that run like Charlie Garner and Jamal Lewis or Hayden and Little Man Stewart or the Travis'. Recievers and players like Gault and Pickens and Carter; Stalworth and Price. Tacklers like Delong and Thompson and Wilson. Big boys who control the line like Henderson and blockers like Clifton. We have one or two every now and then lime Berry and Hardesty but for so long we've been with mediocre line Riggs and Houston while we watched Brown and Williams and others make teams into what we used to be! You guys think about that when you post.

Should have signed off with " stick that in your pipe and smoke it." Flawed post IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
The corner will have been turned when threads like this are no longer started, and the football season is going so well that posters are so excited about the program that they no longer need to fill their void by insulting other Vol fans (well... maybe the last part is expecting too much from some people).

Reactions: 2 people
I totally agree! At the end of the day it comes down to the Moes and the Joes....and if my Moes are better atheletes than your Joes then we're probably gonna win more battles through the course of a game! It's really that simple. Of course you have to factor competent coaching and great effort into the equation...but atheletes determine "most" games! We'll get there, but it's going to take some time. I personally hope Butch proves to be the man to right the ship!
Moe always slaped the hellout of Joe and curley, so we need more MOES.:)

Who was Hardesty before his Sr year? Same for Stephens.

You seem to be complaining that you cannot see players who have not yet emerged as great playmakers. Maybe this team does not have many... but if you were viewing any of the players you mentioned above BEFORE emerged they would not have been any more impressive than North, Croom, Howard, Dan, Saulsberry, Vereen, etc, etc,

1st indication of starting around the bend: Ws against AL and UF

conclusive evidence of corner turned: SECC

For all the excitement and everyone talking about this player and/or that player. Tennessee will not be competative till we have players that run like Charlie Garner and Jamal Lewis or Hayden and Little Man Stewart or the Travis'. Recievers and players like Gault and Pickens and Carter; Stalworth and Price. Tacklers like Delong and Thompson and Wilson. Big boys who control the line like Henderson and blockers like Clifton. We have one or two every now and then lime Berry and Hardesty but for so long we've been with mediocre line Riggs and Houston while we watched Brown and Williams and others make teams into what we used to be! You guys think about that when you post.

With college teams using the passing game so much, we may see less of an emphasis on running the ball, thus the great running back recruits will elect to go to places like Nebraska, etc. who run the ball.

We might get one runningback that is super good, but I am not sure of us getting two or three on the team at once like we used to have.

The corner will be turned after we beat a ranked team, and when you have hearing loss on Sunday because Neyland was so loud on Saturday.

The corner will have been turned when people quit saying they'll be happy with a 6-6 season.

(1) The stadium is filled to capacity even when we play non S.E.C. opponents

(2) When we are in the pre season top #25.

(3) When we are predicted to win a major game by the national news organizations.

(4) When we have five or more players drafted in the N.F.L. each season, not free agent signings, but actual draftees.

(5) When we are featured in a game that is in a prime time slot. Such as "Game Day" etc. etc.

With college teams using the passing game so much, we may see less of an emphasis on running the ball, thus the great running back recruits will elect to go to places like Nebraska, etc. who run the ball.

We might get one runningback that is super good, but I am not sure of us getting two or three on the team at once like we used to have.

Jaylen Hurd and trevon Paulk you will see two great backs on the same team my friend

I think the corner will be turned when people start talking about the games we are capable of winning and not the games we "fear" we'll lose.

(1) The stadium is filled to capacity even when we play non S.E.C. opponents

(2) When we are in the pre season top #25.

(3) When we are predicted to win a major game by the national news organizations.

(4) When we have five or more players drafted in the N.F.L. each season, not free agent signings, but actual draftees.

(5) When we are featured in a game that is in a prime time slot. Such as "Game Day" etc. etc.

When CPF coached the Vols.

VN Store

Back