Where this team stands after the LSU series

I'd like to see the relievers & closers get more action. It seems as if Coach V's philosophy is to get as much out of his starters as he can per game and that means 5, 6, or 7 innings. That only leaves 2, 3, or 4 innings for the relievers and it looks like he has a ton of them. They aren't getting the mound time. It's obvious Lindsey & Seth are the go to guys right now but they start losing it a bit late in their 2nd inning. I think Coach needs to bring along some of the other relievers so that they will be there for the team in the 7th, 8th, or 9th inning. They need experience. But then again, he threw 9 pitchers in 1 game against TX A&M. I'm really scratching my head over what he's doing with the pitching staff.

I'd like to see the relievers & closers get more action. It seems as if Coach V's philosophy is to get as much out of his starters as he can per game and that means 5, 6, or 7 innings. That only leaves 2, 3, or 4 innings for the relievers and it looks like he has a ton of them. They aren't getting the mound time. It's obvious Lindsey & Seth are the go to guys right now but they start losing it a bit late in their 2nd inning. I think Coach needs to bring along some of the other relievers so that they will be there for the team in the 7th, 8th, or 9th inning. They need experience. But then again, he threw 9 pitchers in 1 game against TX A&M. I'm really scratching my head over what he's doing with the pitching staff.
What do you expect from a C- coaching staff? If only we could find a quality Pitching Coach!

VN Store

Back