Which back rushes for more yards this weekend? Neal or Anderson

Neal easily...run game is going to have to be our bread and butter this year especially against a much smaller team in WKU

It'll be interesting to see if Andrews will live up to the hype or will Neal and the O Line control the line of scrimmage. Who you got?

Neal has a better OL so should get another 100+ yards.
Andrew is our De'Anthony test. If we can stop Andrew, we should be able to at least mostly contain the Oregon backs. Sucks losing Young because he could have been our answer to De'Anthony. Small, speedy, and hard to find behind the OL.

Neal has a better OL so should get another 100+ yards.
Andrew is our De'Anthony test. If we can stop Andrew, we should be able to at least mostly contain the Oregon backs. Sucks losing Young because he could have been our answer to De'Anthony. Small, speedy, and hard to find behind the OL.

Young and the black mamba don't belong in the same sentence. Also, us stopping this back, and then trying to stop Oregon are two completely different animals.

Young and the black mamba don't belong in the same sentence. Also, us stopping this back, and then trying to stop Oregon are two completely different animals.

Kobe Bryant doesn't play for Oregon, nor ever loaned his moniker to De'Anthony Thomas.

My post stated that Young's small size makes it harder to spot him behind our towering OL. By the time the UO defense gets a fix on him, he'd be beyond the LOS and headed down field. Summerhill may prove to fit this role. Finally, even though I think the UO will win, I will not sell my Vols short. We may be only a shadow of what we once were, but for the first time since Lane Kiffin (groan) was here, those orange jerseys have pride in them. The way I see it, we have General Anthony Clemen(Butch) leading the 101st Airborne (our Vols) at Bastogne (Autzen Stadium). So to your defeatist mentality, I say, "Nuts!"

Reactions: 1 person
Neal will have relief, meaning he likely will get fewer carries. As far as I know, they have to depend on Anderson much more than we depend on Neal.

I agree. Anderson will probably have more than Neal but Tennessee will have more than wky.

I agree. Anderson will probably have more than Neal but Tennessee will have more than wky.

It is incorrect that WKU must rely solely on Andrews (not Anderson). WKU has 4 capable backs, Andrews, Leon Allen (6, 230lbs, 4.40) who rushed for 92 yards on 10 carries against UK, Keyshawn Simpson (6-3, 243lbs) who is the power back and Ace Wales who is a Devrin Young/Pig Howard type runner, who did not get into the game last week.
As far as who has the most, it could be interesting as either coach will try to go as much as possible to whover has the hot hand, so the leading rushers could be Lane and Allen.

Player, carries, total yds, avg/carry, long, and TD's
Antonio Andrews 20 99 5.0 20 1
Leon Allen 10 92 9.2 21 1
Keshawn Simpson 8 34 4.3 6 2
Totals 41 216 5.3 21 4

These are WKY stats from last week. Of course, it was against KY. If we can avoid a big run from a breakdown on D, I think Neal or Lane has the best day in yds gained.

Leon Allen will have more yards then anyone. Vols still whip dey ass though.

you may be on to something here as Andrews is not WK only good RB....you've done your homework...but hope Neal or Lane or any UT back leads in rushing

Neal and Lane will be close in yardage... Very close!

Neal keeps trying to go to the outisde, that works with AP, but not so sure with a better team, Lane seems to have a better sense of when to cut, and powers through some people....we've only seen one game but I was more impressed with Marlin Lane when he did in fact get to run..... Neal has got to cut, and power through a bit.....he just didn't seem willing to pour on steam for tough yards.

I want to change my vote to Andrews. UT Defense isn't giving Neal much of a chance to get big yards.

5 plays 5 turnovers! Wow!

VN Store

Back