Which Butch do you prefer?

Which Butch do you prefer?

• Total voters
Davis may be more accomplished than Jones at this point, but he's over-the-hill. There is a reason Jones has a gig and he doesn't. I said it all through the coaching search, coaches who were fired at one major program almost never go to another major program and win championships.

Also, Butch Davis gets alot of credit for Miami, but he never actually won a national championship there (all 3 coaches before him did). His winning percentage was lower than the guy he succeeded and he also led them to their first losing season in 15 years. He recruited great talent, sure, but so have many coaches at that school.

I'm not completely sold on Butch Jones like the majority of folks here, but I'm much happier to have him than Butch Davis (and I said all this back during the coaching search too).

i like to picture my butch with giant eagle's wings singing lead vocals for lynryd skynyrd with the pride of the southland band behind him and i'm in the front row and i'm hammered drunk.

and after the game when he's asked, "why did you go for 2, when you are already up on alabama 50-0?", he tells tracy wolfson, "Because I like to party."

i like to party, so i like my butch to party

This sounds like some kind of drug-induced fantasy dream but if I ever see the day when we go for 2 on the Bammers when we are up 50 that would be one of the highlights of my life. :dance2:

Butch Davis and Tommy Tubberville are honestly about the same caliber hires. Good coaches and could probably get us to 9/10 wins, but that's their ceiling. They are past their prime.

Jones is a rising star with something to prove. His hire was more of a gamble, but his work ethic shows that unless he's a bumbling fool on game day, he'll get UT back to relevance within four years.

VN Store

Back