Which is your personal favorite Super Bowl of all time?

XXIII 49ers vs. Bengals (Icky Woods and James Brooks were a great rb duo)
And
49ers over Chargers (Seau was my favorite player and Young one of my favorite qbs)

Reactions: MAD
The Tampa Bay/Raiders game was fun.. but I was at a SB party in Tampa so that might have had something to do with it.

My personal favorite: I'm a Dallas Cowboys fan, so with that in mind, Super Bowl 27: Dallas 52 Buffalo 17

Most entertaining: Super Bowl 42: Pittsburgh 27 Arizona 23

Worst Super Bowl: Super Bowl 53: New England 13 LA Rams 3

First Super Bowl that I remember watching: Super Bowl 15: Oakland Raiders 27 Philadelphia 10

Favorite memories: Marcus Allen's 74 yard TD run vs the Redskins in Super Bowl 18. The Raiders won 38-9. Watching Peyton Manning win his first Super Bowl in Super Bowl 42, the Colts won 29-17. Reggie White's sacks at the end of Super Bowl 31. Green Bay beat New England 35-21. I really wish Reggie would have been the MVP. He should have been.

Well, I've watched them all. The first one wasn't called the Super Bowl. I was a huge Colts/Unitas fan so my least favorite was III. Worst ever played by far was V. Just terrible play by both teams on both sides of the ball all game long. So bad that a defensive player on the losing team got the MVP. I don't have a favorite game.

Superbowl XVIII, Redskins/Raiders. Watching Marcus Allen run that day was pure poetry in motion!

Superbowl XVIII. Allen's was a run for the ages. Suffocating Raider defense of Long, Alzado, Haynes, Davis, Kinelaw, Millen, etc., and the unknown Jack Squirek with the pick 6 of Theismann to close the first half.

favorite SB = Peyton's first SB
most entertaining SB = Cardinals/Steelers
worst SB = Boncos/Seahawks (you knew it was over from the first play)
1st SB watched = Giants/Bills
favorite SB memory = Peyton going out a champion

Since my team never has made it, I’m going by pure game enjoyment and the three best games I can remember was Super Bowl 42 (Giants/Pats) Super Bowl 43 (Cardinals/Steelers) and Super Bowl 49 (Seahawks/Patriots). I would take SB49.

Super Bowl 32 (Packers/Broncos) was the first one I watched and was a really good game too.

Well, I've watched them all. The first one wasn't called the Super Bowl. I was a huge Colts/Unitas fan so my least favorite was III. Worst ever played by far was V. Just terrible play by both teams on both sides of the ball all game long. So bad that a defensive player on the losing team got the MVP. I don't have a favorite game.

I family is from Baltimore. Was too young to see Johnny U but per the stories passed down he was legendary. SB III had to have been rigged. All of the meltdowns the Colts had just don’t seem possible. Unitas would have won had he been healthy that season. V was a lot of fumbling and bumbling for sure. You could argue that Unitas was the GOAT because there was such a huge gap between him and all other QBs. He played back when defenses could literally kill the QB and receivers yet his stats aren’t too far from the numbers you see in today’s touch football league.

I family is from Baltimore. Was too young to see Johnny U but per the stories passed down he was legendary. SB III had to have been rigged. All of the meltdowns the Colts had just don’t seem possible. Unitas would have won had he been healthy that season. V was a lot of fumbling and bumbling for sure. You could argue that Unitas was the GOAT because there was such a huge gap between him and all other QBs. He played back when defenses could literally kill the QB and receivers yet his stats aren’t too far from the numbers you see in today’s touch football league.
He was real good. 47 straight games with a TD pass in that era was incredible.

Interesting thing about III to me is that Namath didn't really do a whole lot that game. Mostly handed off to Snell and Boozer. He had maybe two meaningful passes that game. They only put up 16 points, so Defense and Colts brain farts won the game. But that game and his stellar career of 173 TD passes and 220 INTs got him into the HOF. Probably the most over rated athlete in any sport in my lifetime.

Reactions: NashVol11 and MAD
42 - upset of the undefeated Patriots by a 6 seed. The crazy helmet catch after avoiding a sack.

Had a few friends over who didn’t even care about football. Even they were excited.

42 - upset of the undefeated Patriots by a 6 seed. The crazy helmet catch after avoiding a sack.

Had a few friends over who didn’t even care about football. Even they were excited.

Loved that SB. Almost as much as the 72 Dolphins did. Do you remember seeing Peyton in his suite? He was going crazy with excitement after the Giants scored the game winning TD. He recently said he ranked that SB above his own wins. There was a documentary on the helmet catch a few years ago. Mostly about the guy who made the catch. He seems like as classy guy.

He was real good. 47 straight games with a TD pass in that era was incredible.

Interesting thing about III to me is that Namath didn't really do a whole lot that game. Mostly handed off to Snell and Boozer. He had maybe two meaningful passes that game. They only put up 16 points, so Defense and Colts brain farts won the game. But that game and his stellar career of 173 TD passes and 220 INTs got him into the HOF. Probably the most over rated athlete in any sport in my lifetime.

Agree. Namath didn’t do anything spectacular in that game. When I watch replays it seems like the Colts had guys wide open a few times and missed them and three pics. They should have been able to overcome 16 points. Namath is way overhyped and really doesn’t deserve to be in the hall of fame. He was that generations Hollywood pretty boy and the media’s obsession elevated his status.

Super Bowl 32 (Packers/Broncos) was the first one I watched and was a really good game too.

Yes. Good game. I pulled for the Packers because I never liked Elway for refusing to play for the Colts. With age I learned to like him better especially since he signed Peyton to play in Denver.

Super Bowl XXVI

That's my first real sports memory. Check out the Zubaz pants!

7747ac7f6af1dd406fc884439029c1aa.jpg

gerald-riggs-washington-redskins-super-bowl-xxvi.jpg

VN Store

Back