who advises these kids to come out early???

Wow, the amount of speculation stated as fact in this thread is unbelievable. This was the icing on the cake. If your going to bash a man who donned the O&W, which I think is pretty classless to begin with, at least get your facts straight. San Deigo State....IIRC, they had 3-4 kids drafted this year as well...

We all know he probably should have stayed another year, it has been discussed ad nauseam. I'm sure none of you ever made any mistakes between the ages of 18-21. Shame on all of you. Lets wish him the best and move on.

Bro. I have a Bray jersey.

Remember this...

We stole Bray from San Jose St.

We got exactly what I should have expected to get.

San Jose St probably doesn't get a lot of NFL quality "talent".
Even though Bray was committed to San Diego State, two qbs from San Jose State who spent 27 years in the NFL between them were Steve Deberg and Jeff Garcia.

It is interesting that it was a weak qb class - and the NFL teams just sat it out and everyone went 2 - 3 rounds lower than they likely were told initially by draft gurus. Bray fell from a possible 3/4 rounder to out of the draft completely. Each year is a different dynamic and sometimes teams get lucky - like Jason Witten falling to the 3rd round.

This + a weak QB draft, losing a lot of offensive weapons in the passing game, and having to learn a brand new offense. I didn't think his decision was crazy. Also, it isn't like staying for a senior year helped Matt Barkley.

San "who cares" St!

Bray half assed his playing career like he did his college career.

Undrafted.
Immature.
Hotheaded.
No college degree.
3 years. No big wins.
Etc.
Etc.

Facts are facts.

Fact also is he was a Tennessee QB.

I wish him luck.

Last 3 years sucked. The highlight of the last 3 years?

The NC State game. The only time any of us walked away from a game with a smile and one week of hope.

Bray was "cool". But so was his playing style.

Reactions: 3 people
I really want to know who these kids are taking there cues from when making these decisions. Hunter and Patterson were clear no brainers and first round talents. Bray, however, was clearly talented but no teams trusted his decision making skills. If the person advising him was worth a nickel they would have told that teams did not trust him. That should have been a key in him returning to school to squash those doubts in the minds of scouts. Instead he leaves and goes undrafted. I hope it works out for him, but I feel he lost out on millions as first rounder next year.

This was taken from a site I was searching to check out the Bears freee agent pick ups. Pretty much sums it all up, and speaks to why he should have never left:

Michael Schottey @Schottey

One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.
7:52 PM - 27 Apr 2013

Oh good grief.....they are both first round type talents.....both have off field issues and Bray had difficulty with interviews....if they both work hard they will both make nfl teams......I hope they succeed.

Oh good grief.....they are both first round type talents.....both have off field issues and Bray had difficulty with interviews....if they both work hard they will both make nfl teams......I hope they succeed.

Usually the reason people do bad in interviews is bc they have no idea what they are talking about. Lol.

Reactions: 1 person
San "who cares" St!

Bray half assed his playing career like he did his college career.

Undrafted.
Immature.
Hotheaded.
No college degree.
3 years. No big wins.
Etc.
Etc.

Facts are facts.

Fact also is he was a Tennessee QB.

I wish him luck.

Last 3 years sucked. The highlight of the last 3 years?

The NC State game. The only time any of us walked away from a game with a smile and one week of hope.

Bray was "cool". But so was his playing style.
I have never been a Bray fan. I was just setting the record straight. Bray was the best and the worst qb that I have ever seen. I am convinced that there are 2 Tyler Brays, and the bad Tyler Bray could substitute for the good Tyler Bray with a moment's notice. He was more inconsistent than Trae Golden.

Reactions: 2 people
I have never been a Bray fan. I was just setting the record straight. Bray was the best and the worst qb that I have ever seen. I am convinced that there are 2 Tyler Brays, and the bad Tyler Bray could substitute for the good Tyler Bray with a moment's notice. He was more inconsistent than Trae Golden.

Word!

Chaney told bray he was ready and fuor him to be selfish and go to the draft. Per Tyler bray on grudens QB camp

Sure he did. The same guy that did not allow him to call audibles told him he was ready for the draft. And if Bray said that then he contradicted the reasoning he provided at the combine, all the more reason he was not picked.

Bray was advised by pro scouts that his best case scenario would be the 4th round. Bray decided on his own to take the gamble and come out early. Apparently he didn't perform as well as others at the combine and was passed by on draft day:hi:

Bray was advised by pro scouts that his best case scenario would be the 4th round. Bray decided on his own to take the gamble and come out early. Apparently he didn't perform as well as others at the combine and was passed by on draft day:hi:

This is not true at all........ How the "f&$k" do you know what pro scouts advised him?

What a dumba$$ statment.

Consider these possibilities any of which would have forced their joining the draft (too early).

Their grades sucked and they wouldn't have been eligible.

One of them (Bray?) has a serious infraction of NCAA rules yet to hit the public and wouldn't be coming back anyway.

They were told flat-out by the incoming coaching staff they would not play (Bray) or allowed back on the team (Duhrickie).

One of them has a serious drinking problem (all).

Their idiots.

Other possibilities?

What BS! You lost all credibility when you said the new staff told Rogers that he wouldn't be allowed back on the team when he had already transferred to Tech a season before they were even hired.

I knew a guy in high school. His name is irrelevant. He quit school a year early because he thought he was ready. He's been working for the past 5 years as a county highway department employee.

Same guy advised Scotty Hopson and Tyler Bray.

Story is made up by the way. Not making fun of highway department employees. I say this so ShaVol won't have a hernia.

I die a little inside when I think about how Crompton got drafted and Bray didn't...

There is a simple reason for this 70% effort vs. 100% effort. Crompton lacked in skill but at least had the sense to study tape and give his all. Bray was the college version of Jeff George minus 30% and minus the film room.

We basically had two cancers on the team racing to see who would do the most damage, bray and dooley. They did this unbeknownst I am sure, but still.... Bray with a cancerous lazy, self entitled attitude. Dooley with the sheer stupidity of letting him get away with it.

In the end they both got what they deserve and TN football can continue healing from their damage.

TN football is in a better place today.

I really want to know who these kids are taking there cues from when making these decisions. Hunter and Patterson were clear no brainers and first round talents. Bray, however, was clearly talented but no teams trusted his decision making skills. If the person advising him was worth a nickel they would have told that teams did not trust him. That should have been a key in him returning to school to squash those doubts in the minds of scouts. Instead he leaves and goes undrafted. I hope it works out for him, but I feel he lost out on millions as first rounder next year.

This was taken from a site I was searching to check out the Bears freee agent pick ups. Pretty much sums it all up, and speaks to why he should have never left:

Michael Schottey @Schottey

One scout just texted that his GM refuses to even consider Tyler Bray (QB Tennessee)…called his whiteboard interview the worst he'd seen.
7:52 PM - 27 Apr 2013

Agents with money.

Probably the same guy who decided to switch to the 3-4 AFTER he was squarely on the hot seat.

VN Store

Back