Who all isn't playing in the bowl game for you guys?

Basically no starting DBs, we’ll be down one of our stud DEs due to transfer portal as well.

We won’t have 2 of our top 3 backs but that’s about it. The RB situation isn’t as bad as it likely sounds.

DBs have been terrible all year.

We will miss Baron our DE.

So, like, do we really have essentially no DB's? We doing that to help out Iowa or what?

We have no DB's, so we are going to be implementing a 6-5 defense - luckily, you guys only run.
2 of their top 3 wrs yardage tds and catches are TE's one that runs a 4.8 and has 21 catches 299 yards and 3 td's...the other has 29 catches for 178yards and 2 tds.... thats 5 of their 9 total passing td's. They passed as a team for 1601 yards. Im like bruh... their whole offense scored 20 TD's in 13 games...we had more than that in 6. So the corners leaving in the portal does not worry me so much.

This may sound like I'm bagging on Iowa and I'm seriously not. That makes their defense seem that much more scary. Those guys only gave up 172 points in 13 games. Now some of that was to much weaker offensive teams than us. But thats 13 points a game.

Still lets say they hold us to 14.... I still don't think they can score 14 on us.

Basically no starting DBs, we’ll be down one of our stud DEs due to transfer portal as well.

We won’t have 2 of our top 3 backs but that’s about it. The RB situation isn’t as bad as it likely sounds.

Wright and Smalls opt out or declaring?

A secondary that most on here wanted to see gone. Now is the time that Gibson,Matthews and Conyers will get to see where they stack up and how much they need to improve. Iowa is not known for a all out passing attack and I think our D will do better than most expect, especially our secondary. Another good thing is talented players like Gibson and Matthews get prime reps during the pre bowl workouts which will only help along with spring practice. GBO

Dang, I was going to say Iowa scores 30 but now I'm thinking 45

VN Store

Back