Who here was happier about the Bama loss than the Tennessee win?

In most cases, of course I'm happier about Tennessee winning. However, I'm not going to lie. I reacted much stronger to seeing Alabama lose last night than I did to Tennessee winning.

I hate Alabama with a passion and happy to see them lose but if you feel more for that than the utter dominance that TN displayed with its $8m QB's first game start, then your focus is in the wrong place IMO.

We keep winning at the line, in the trenches, in the air, after the catch, on the recruiting trail, etc - all the rest will take care of itself and Bama will be in its rightful place...under our heel.

In most cases, of course I'm happier about Tennessee winning. However, I'm not going to lie. I reacted much stronger to seeing Alabama lose last night than I did to Tennessee winning.
Never. Nothing better than a Tennessee win. BUT I especially liked the Bama loss last night since they end their season with a loss, but losing in OT to the #1 team proved that an SEC was worthy of playing in the semis and they can't use the lack of one in any conference bias moving forward, even in the expanded format. FSU getting KILLED by another SEC team hurts any logical argument they belonged there more than after getting beat by an SEC team that lost to BAMA by 3.

Reactions: Vol4ever and FlVols
I would be happier except I despise cheating Michigan and am pretty pissed they beat an SEC team. I hate Alabama but man I HATE B10 teams. Hopefully Washington beats them in the title game.
Well that's the beauty of the fluidity of college football fandom. Yesterday Michigan was a benevolent saint, sent by God to slay the evil that is Alabama. Next week they are a bunch of cheating rat-bastards and I hope Washington hangs 50 on them! ;)

Michigan Coach Hairball is about as grating as Sabin. They cancel each other out. I can dislike a team like Bama but still appreciate seeing a player like Milroe play his heart out trying to win the game for his team. I give credit to Michigan, they looked like the better team and should win the NC.

Bama losing was justice for the turmoil that resulted from them being selected.

Not going to debate if the ACC champ deserved to be in - that has been debated enough. But the decision to include them effectively decimated a team (FSU) and is taking its toll on a conference (ACC). One team, actually one coach should not have that kind of power.

Reactions: onevol74
No. Any joy I might have gotten from Bama losing was tempered by Michigan winning. If anything, I hate Michigan and really all of the true top B1G teams more than Bama or UGA and as much as UF. Doesn't mean I wanted Bama to win... just that I really didn't want Michigan to win also.

The only silver lining for me is what this does to the argument particularly from BOT that you MUST have top 5 recruiting classes per the recruiting sites in order to win the NC. Michigan's composite according to 247 ranks 14th in the country... two spots ahead of UT. Washington is ranked 26th.

Both have difference makers at QB. That is a very hopeful thing IMO for Vol fans.

Bama losing was justice for the turmoil that resulted from them being selected.

Not going to debate if the ACC champ deserved to be in - that has been debated enough. But the decision to include them effectively decimated a team (FSU) and is taking its toll on a conference (ACC). One team, actually one coach should not have that kind of power.
BS. FSU didn't belong without Travis. Bama beat UGA. I would argue that it was the one time out of 10 that they would have beaten UGA if they played ten times... but they beat UGA. The fact that so many FSU players sat out with a chance to "prove their point" vs UGA is must more proof they didn't belong in the first place.

I don't like Bama. I have no interest in Saban winning another NC. But between those two teams Bama deserved to be in far more.

I was happier with the Tennessee win. I think having Nico come out and live up to the hype (still needs a lot of work in the passing game) made it that much better. Alabama has won so much that I'm more or less numb to it at this point.

I don't like Bama. I have no interest in Saban winning another NC. But between those two teams Bama deserved to be in far more.
Bama AND Georgia belonged in the CFP ahead of FSU. This is why I can't stand the existence of conference championship games. They are way more trouble than they are worth I wish they would get rid of them all.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Prob the fashion in which bama lost was what prompted that celebration.

35-0, there’s not much more to hooray about when the clock hits 0.

You’re still all Vol 🍊 😎

I just see it as a perfect day in my fan life. Tennessee winning in a blowout and Bama fans facing a long trek back across the country after a disappointing loss in front of God and everybody.

BS. FSU didn't belong without Travis. Bama beat UGA. I would argue that it was the one time out of 10 that they would have beaten UGA if they played ten times... but they beat UGA. The fact that so many FSU players sat out with a chance to "prove their point" vs UGA is must more proof they didn't belong in the first place.

Like I said, not going to debate the "who deserved" point, FSU took a hit on players opting out, transferring, etc. The team that UGA played was NOT the FSU team that steam rolled LSU. UGA had its best players.

All the opt outs and transfers are a direct result of FSU playing their hearts out to win the ACC and the championship game "AS A TEAM", only to see their dream of playing dashed by the SEC BULLY. It is justice and is it karma that Bama lost.

As a result of this the ACC are reeling due to the SEC BULLY. And I am very glad the SEC BULLY lost.

What folks don't realize is that if by chance last year (2022), the committee had to pick between Bama and Tennessee with the same record- we would have lost due to the Saban effect.

No. Any joy I might have gotten from Bama losing was tempered by Michigan winning. If anything, I hate Michigan and really all of the true top B1G teams more than Bama or UGA and as much as UF. Doesn't mean I wanted Bama to win... just that I really didn't want Michigan to win also.

The only silver lining for me is what this does to the argument particularly from BOT that you MUST have top 5 recruiting classes per the recruiting sites in order to win the NC. Michigan's composite according to 247 ranks 14th in the country... two spots ahead of UT. Washington is ranked 26th.

Both have difference makers at QB. That is a very hopeful thing IMO for Vol fans.
Every time I smiled, I remembered it was UM, then got sad.

My wife is a Buckeye and she could barely even watch that game she hates Michigan and Alabama more than any other teams. She said it was the most hate she ever felt watching a football game!

Her brain started smoking when I asked her if she hates Saban or Harbaugh more 😂

VN Store

Back