Who is our secret weapon?

Who is our secret weapon?

• Total voters
My prediction is Croom will breakout the second half of the year. He is really under the radar right now.

Reactions: 1 person
I think it's Croom. If we were to go 4 WR's inside the 20 JH/DR/CP will get all the defenses attention. At 6'5 Croom should be able to cherry pick TD's off a DB's head all day long.

If one is going to try to stay true to the "secret" part then I'd have to agree Young has the best chance. There's no shortage of Vols, nevermind outsiders, who consider the guy marginal if not an outright waste of scholly. Spring is spring but praise has been pretty consistent from him at the RB position and he was pretty good as a Fr (and coming off an injury at that) last year in the return game. If a bunch of fans of one's own team would have to eat crow upon your success then I'd call that secret enough.

Palardy and Rivera aren't "secrets" IMO but good play from them could make a very big impact on our season. I guess that could make their worth "underappreciated" going into the season.

I'm thinking Peterman and King. I think if pig wasn't hurt he'd probably have some plays designed for him.
Also, not much of a secret but Devrin Young should shine, imo. I was watching some of the Ole Miss vs LSU game(on CBS sports ch, I think)from couple years ago and couldn't help but think of DY when watching McCluster at RB. Man I hope he's that good.

SN: speaking of CBS sports ch, the '96 UT/bammer game will be on tomorrow at 6:00 am(central). Got the dvr set.

I don't feel like Pig will see the field early in the season. He's almost in the same situation Devrin was in last year. He's been out for the entire fall camp and some of the summer. If not for injury it would be Pig hands down. Croom could see playing time here and there. Much rather have a freshman in there instead of a senior that dips his hands in butter before every game.

I don't feel like Pig will see the field early in the season. He's almost in the same situation Devrin was in last year. He's been out for the entire fall camp and some of the summer. If not for injury it would be Pig hands down. Croom could see playing time here and there. Much rather have a freshman in there instead of a senior that dips his hands in butter before every game.

He already supposedly has a package just for him. Not sure how the emergence of Que effects Pig and Young though. Young is shifty but Que is on a different level.

I would say Devrin Young b/c he's basically unknown elsewhere. Man, do we have some sick speed in the backfield this year or what? This might be fun.

I'm surprised at the results, because Drae Bowles is going to be an absolute beast of a freshman this year, akin to Justin Hunter '11. His attitude, work ethic, skill, and determination are going to take him to the next level quicker than most

Zach Rogers is going to surprise some folk next year. (no sarcasm)

Zack knows the system but once the younger players learn the system, they will play more than him. The younger one's are more talented and will eventually take some of his playing time.
If you will remember that Arnett played alot last season once he learner the system and Zack lost time.

VN Store

Back