Who Is Your All Time Favorite Vol Qb?

What is mind blowing is that Cockrell actually compares very favorably stat-wise to Heath Shuler. I swear I don't remember us throwing it around that much in the early 80s??

Gotta support family.

Dewey "The Swamp Rat" Warren. The guy is still a great athlete. Given he is overweight now, but a few years ago he was really close to making the senior tour. Quite the golfer and qb. One of those people that picks up something and is good at it. Still got an arm. Was throwing the football with him a few years ago and peppered my hands.

Originally posted by GAVol@May 30, 2005 9:31 AM
What is mind blowing is that Cockrell actually compares very favorably stat-wise to Heath Shuler.  I swear I don't remember us throwing it around that much in the early 80s??
[snapback]99372[/snapback]​

Cockrell is the first QB that I can remember playing at UT. I think he wore #6.

My favorite will most likely always be Peyton Manning. Heath Shuler I liked to watch, but he'll never be my favorite because he was more athletic than cerebral. As a fan of QB's all my life, I've always gravitated to the cerebral ones. I'm hoping Ainge can develop to his full potential, I think he has the smarts to make Peyton-like calculations in nanoseconds. If he works at it he could be one of the all time greats at UT.

Tied for second would be Andy Kelly. A "Just win baby" type of QB.

And I liked Darril Dickey. He was good depite the nepotism.

I really enjoyed Casey's "grittyness" on the road; I enjoyed Peyton's overall mastery of the game; I enjoyed Andy Kelly's sandlot plays where he just slung it up as far as he could; My favorite would be the late great Jimmy Streeter

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@May 29, 2005 11:34 PM
Randy Sanders
:dlol:
[snapback]99342[/snapback]​

I thought it was one you had seen PLAY. Sanders is the complete QB coach. He can even show Jim Bob the correct way to hold the clipboard. Thanks LIO, that made me laugh! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by NashvilleVol@May 31, 2005 12:43 PM
Gotta support family.

Dewey "The Swamp Rat" Warren.  The guy is still a great athlete.  Given he is overweight now, but a few years ago he was really close to making the senior tour.  Quite the golfer and qb.  One of those people that picks up something and is good at it.  Still got an arm.  Was throwing the football with him a few years ago and peppered my hands.
[snapback]99674[/snapback]​

I didn't realize Dewey was THAT good of a golfer.

VN Store

Back