Who was the best team?

Who was the best team?

• Total voters
No way its the 99 noles, that Nebraska team was pretty good. I think if UF had beaten f$u in 96, theyd be known as one of the greats, but ill go with 01 Miami...with 96 UF as a close 2nd

By picking the 99 Noles he was simply saying that if they were the best and we beat the best we are greatest team. He knows its not a fact it was round about way to insert Tennessee into the poll.

Nebraska 95 would have stomped the others. Might have had a problem with Miami but would have won either way. Next year I hope the same question is asked with the 2005 National Champion Volunteers.

USC last year would beat most of the teams there as well.

Miami 2001 was just so much more dominant than any other team that year. But were is Ohio state of 2002? they took it to the same miami team the following year and if you look at the nfl players on both of the teams i would say they were the best team.

I agree Milo the 95 Huskers would beat all those teams in my opinion of course and psst don't tell anyone but they would have beat the 98 Vols too. FSU was way over rated due to Warrick and their defense. Personally Miami should have been in that game that year since they both had one loss and Miami beat Florida State. Then Tennessee would have had a real fight in that NC Game. We might have won but then we might get more credit for our win. No one mentions that team in greatest comments because everyone recognizes FSU didnt deserve that shot. My opinion only though.

I went with the 95 Nebraska team. I also think we can thank the 97 Nebraska team for our 98 Championship. The way they busted our gut in the Orange Bowl that year put us on a mission. Though I was nursing a bit of a halftime buzz, I'll never forget the first drive of the second half where they ran every single play down the field to score. They never looked back. I think the UT players realized then that conditioning and comittment would have to improve in order to take the next step. Come to think of it, that might be a good tape to show this years team to get / keep them in the right mindset.

I dont think the 95 nebraska team could beat the 2001 miami team. I want you to go back and look at just how loaded that team was. clinton protis and willis mcgahee. all of that defense they had. and lets not forget that the miami defense made that eric crouch offense look stupid.

Yeah thats pretty tough. Ok Miami had a good shot in that match up but i still go with Nebraska O and D Lines. Alot of that talent is redundant. Ed Reed Phil Buchanon in the back field. Linebackers. Lost of Running backs. One real good reciever. Three great TEs. Nebraska was good position to position. And those linebackers would have had to get through that corn fed bunch of O Line boys.

I'd still go with Nebraska 95.
As for NFL Talent go look at the 95-97 Vols.

We have no Championships those years. And just as many NFL players.

Nebraska had chemistry no egos and a Coach that didnt accept losses.
Love him or hate him you did not want to play a team Coached by Osbourne in a bowl game. Nebraska by 7.

1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, for not other reason other than shutting that big mouth murderer named Ray Lewis the hell up.

1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, for not other reason other than shutting that big mouth murderer named Ray Lewis the hell up.

The 95 Nebraska team may have been the best ever.

They had Talent, Team, Coaching and Luck all the necessary things to be the best ever.

I agree. Their performance in the Bowl game against Florida was about as dominating as it gets.

I just ran a simulation on NCAA '05 for Miami vs. Nebraska. Neither team could get much going on offense, at least pass-wise. They did put up decent rush numbers, however. Nebraska surrendered 5 turnovers though, and Miami capitalized on them and didn't make too many mistakes of their own.

Final score:
'95 Neb - 21
'01 Mia - 38

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 22, 2005 4:14 PM
I just ran a simulation on NCAA '05 for Miami vs. Nebraska. Neither team could get much going on offense, at least pass-wise. They did put up decent rush numbers, however. Nebraska surrendered 5 turnovers though, and Miami capitalized on them and didn't make too many mistakes of their own.

Final score:
'95 Neb - 21
'01 Mia - 38
[snapback]117043[/snapback]​

No way would either team lose by 17 points, the game would be within 10 at the most.

i looked at miamis schedule. they had one game that was decided by less then 10 points. they one there games by an average of 33 points agame.

i looked at nebraskas. they averaged a 29 point victory. but then again, the closest a team got to them was 14 points.

VN Store

Back