Wholl have the more EXCITING Offense?

Whose offense will be the more potent?

• Total voters
Yep, due to the losses, I think Visor Vic is going to have an off year. Once he gets people in there, he'll be tough as ever, probably.

I have to agree with the majority. I believe that the biggest key is the difference in athletes between SC and FL. Meyer is going to have a ridiculous advantage over the ole ball coach in that department. However, if Spurrier can work some recruiting magic, his offense could be impressive in the next few years.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 6, 2005 2:19 PM
When you consider it was Duke, 5/6 was actually quite an improvement.

Duke regularly had 2 and 3 win seasons before and after Spurrier. They have an occasional bowl team about every 12 seasons or so. With Spurrier, they progressed each year and actually had some quality wins over a 10/2 Clemson and, Yikes! he beat us too in 88.

The year after he left, Duke had 4 wins.

He is a guy who'll have to be reckoned with.
[snapback]110726[/snapback]​

I never said he won't make SoCar good. But when he's dealing with talent on such a low level in the SEC East, I won't put my money on seeing him break .500 in '05.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jul 6, 2005 5:49 PM
I never said he won't make SoCar good. But when he's dealing with talent on such a low level in the SEC East, I won't put my money on seeing him break .500 in '05.
[snapback]110739[/snapback]​

The one think you can expect from Steve is; you never know what to expect.

I don't think SC's talent level is all that different that excellent coaching couldn't turn 05 into an 8 win season.

When you consider how closely they played us the last 3 years I don't think it's out of the question for them to knock one of the top 3 teams in the East off. I just hope it isn't us.

Well, last season wasn't a close game because of their skill, I know that. Our D absolutely went to sleep.

Holtz was supposed to do the same thing Spurrier is supposed to in South Carolina... The difference between the last three seasons and this season is that South Carolina's talent level is the worst it has been in years. They lost their only NFL-caliber player to the NFL, and bring nothing to the table. Not even mighty Steve can turn the Cocks into an 8-win team. '06 and later, maybe, but even with all the man's greatness, getting over .500 would be a true miracle.

Originally posted by volmanjr@Jul 6, 2005 8:05 PM
overlooking anybody is bad business
[snapback]110853[/snapback]​

I'm not. I would rather our guys play every team the hardest they can no matter how talented they are. I just think South Carolina has very little talent.

Originally posted by OldVol@Jul 6, 2005 4:21 PM
I think he's learned a thing or two about downplaying his team from ole granny Lou.
[snapback]110727[/snapback]​

I don't think he has learned anything from, Lou.

He is still the same old and his comments at Fulmer and what not show that.

He just thinks his team sucks

VN Store

Back