Who's your quarterback?

all this whining about qb not chosen yet could it be we have 4 qbs ready to go and he is deciding which one needs to redshirt, which one he starts, which one is back up and which one transfers to etsu

Here's a quote from Bleacher Report....."The 6'4", 222-pound Worley is the only member of the group who has game experience and is the favorite to win the job. In his first two seasons as a reserve, he has thrown one touchdown pass and five interceptions while amassing 738 yards through the air. Not exactly stellar."

Did they mention that 3 of those 5 picks came against top 10 teams when he was forced into action as a true Freshman by Simms being absolutely terrible? Did they mention that was the same UT team that lost Hunter vs UF and really had only one SEC caliber WR?

He may be horrible... we'll soon see. But tough experience isn't always a bad thing if you learn from it.

Reactions: 2 people
FWIW, Ainge threw 5 TD's vs 7 INT's in 2005 before amassing 50 TD's vs 19 INT's in his last two years. Probably a good thing that Cut didn't listen to me and all the other experts here that said Crompton should start.

We did that based on reported practices stats then too. Ainge's stats for both spring and fall that year were far worse than what Worley has posted.

Few QBs are great. Now, CBJ on the other hand really understands what's he doing and saying. he wants player, QB and otherwise who is a consistent playmaker.
The QBs have apparently not shown him which among them performs in that manner.

Thus Worley will be named the started by default of experience and adequate camp.

I agree but I would also add that it is important that he finds the right commander. He wants the QB to be able to control the huddle and more importantly the offense.

I disagree with the OP. It could mean we have several young QBs that are very good and competing their asses off to win the job.

Reactions: 1 person
I would like to see Ferguson or Peterman start. I guess Worley will get the nod but we'll likely see someone new after Worley implodes in Autzen against a real defense.

I would like to see Ferguson or Peterman start. I guess Worley will get the nod but we'll likely see someone new after Worley implodes in Autzen against a real defense.

You may very well be right, but god I would love to be able to throw this post back in your face.

Why even post this? Is it that hard to support who gets the nod at QB, then hope everything works out instead of assuming he's gonna be crappy?

Why even post this? Is it that hard to support who gets the nod at QB, then hope everything works out instead of assuming he's gonna be crappy?

Yes it is hard. See I am a realist. I would like for Worley to win the Heisman but knowing what he does against top 10 teams I dont see it happening (Oregon and UF back to back). Id like for this to be thrown back in my face too. I think one thing that helps him this year is we are going to be a more run first system.

Yes it is hard. See I am a realist. I would like for Worley to win the Heisman but knowing what he does against top 10 teams I dont see it happening (Oregon and UF back to back). Id like for this to be thrown back in my face too. I think one thing that helps him this year is we are going to be a more run first system.

Worley got thrown in to a bad situation the few games he has played. You're not being a realist, you're using personal feelings towards a FR QB who got thrown in to a bad situation. He's a jr now, lets see if he's learned.

Worley got thrown in to a bad situation the few games he has played. You're not being a realist, you're using personal feelings towards a FR QB who got thrown in to a bad situation. He's a jr now, lets see if he's learned.

Im pretty sure he played last year as well and didnt do well. Theyre not personal feelings. Theyre statistical feelings.

My quarterback is whichever guy Butch Jones trots out there. I hope we can all get behind CBJ's decision making and leave some of the previous negativity in the past with Dooley.

^This .. whoever CBJ starts is my QB

Lets go Worley!!! GBO!!!

Why? Just a personal dislike for Worley, a fascination with new shiny things, a desire to see a QB's inexperience and lack of physical development cost the team,.... why would you rather see one of them start?

I am glad people are excited about the Fr. I am too for that matter. But giving those guys praise for doing well as freshmen go isn't the thumbs up many of you seem to think. They aren't ready. They weren't ready when everyone overreacted to the positive comments about each of them to the media.

Im pretty sure he played last year as well and didnt do well. Theyre not personal feelings. Theyre statistical feelings.

Worley completed 65% of the passes he threw in limited action. He threw picks but again in mop up with 2nd tier WR's.

65% is better than any of the other three have done in college, right?

The year you should have picked on was '11 when he was thrown to the wolves against two top 10 teams because Simms was so incompetent. That year (as a true Fr) with really one SEC caliber WR, no run game to speak of, and an OL that spent alot of time in his lap he only completely 55% with a TD and 3 INT's (2 vs USCe who just happened to be in the top 4 nationally for INT's). Because the OL gave him a little more time, he showed some flashes of talent vs MTSU. He fit several balls into small windows and played reasonably well for a Fr.

Oh... he's the only one no longer a Fr prone to Fr mistakes.

Can someone help me understand why so many imply that they want Worley to fail? They don't say it... and of course now they will deny it. But comments like this pretty much say that the writer is eager for Worley to fail: "we'll likely see someone new after Worley implodes in Autzen against a real defense."

What you wouldlike and what CBJ KNOWS is best for the team are two cosmologically distinct things.

===========Quoting sjt18 below ===========

Can someone help me understand why so many imply that they want Worley to fail? They don't say it... and of course now they will deny it. But comments like this pretty much say that the writer is eager for Worley to fail: "we'll likely see someone new after Worley implodes in Autzen against a real defense."
=================Mt response===========
Because being a member of species Equus africanus asinus, they don't know any better.

CBJ has named his starting QB. Can we all get behind the decision at least until we have some game action to talk about?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Dobbs Will end up starter heading into SEC play no one will respect our read option with any of the other QB's IMO.. GBO!!

VN Store

Back