Why is isn't anybody talking about...

chattavol420

The scheme we're running? We run a hurry up spread option attack without a running qb. Could u imagine Peyton Manning running chip Kellys offense? * It's ludicrous. I understand that's what butch wants to do longterm, but Imo when needn't maximize the talent we have.

Reactions: 3 people
The scheme we're running? We run a hurry up spread option attack without a running qb. Could u imagine Peyton Manning running chip Kellys offense? * It's ludicrous. I understand that's what butch wants to do longterm, but Imo when needn't maximize the talent we have.

Ive seen no less than a dozen conversations about this. But, create another one if it makes you feel smart.

Reactions: 8 people

I was told on another thread Worley was told not to run. From a respected poster also. Dont understand it, but I am not a coach.

I will only question it if he doesn't make a QB change soon. The fact the staff is committed to the option tells me they're preparing the rest of the O for it and will plug in the right QB soon.

They gave Worley a chance to make plays through the air, and he has proven he can't do it.

Reactions: 2 people

Good scheme. Any scheme needs talent to run.Although Manning is not the fastest runner, he could win big in this scheme if the defense could hold teams to about 20 point.

you have not been looking to hard i guess or you would find over a dozen

Reactions: 1 person
I will only question it if he doesn't make a QB change soon. The fact the staff is committed to the option tells me they're preparing the rest of the O for it and will plug in the right QB soon.

They gave Worley a chance to make plays through the air, and he has proven he can't do it.

I would agree with you if we actually had a dual threat QB on the roster. We don't, which makes the read option just confusing.

This is what I've been saying also.

It's called delayed gratification.

What is more important long term, putting in the system and finding out which pieces you already have and what you need to recruit for or playing to your current strengths in order to reach a minor bowl and placate the few who don't get it?

Reactions: 4 people
I would agree with you if we actually had a dual threat QB on the roster. We don't, which makes the read option just confusing.

Peterman isn't dual threat, but he has wheels.

At this point, he's a much better option (no pun intended) than Worley.

You are definitely the very first person to bring this up Jimmy.

It's a complete myth that we have to have a running QB to run that offense.

What is more important long term, putting in the system and finding out which pieces you already have and what you need to recruit for or playing to your current strengths in order to reach a minor bowl and placate the few who don't get it?

Yep. Agree.

So true sir. Many common fans don't get it. Great game by the Ducks. You have an incredible team. Best of luck to you the rest of the year.

Yep. Agree.

to his strengths isn't very wise. It's like having a basketball team full of short players and sticking with the low-post offensive game that is your "system." All I know is the system looked pretty lame yesterday.

Agree. He runs well enough to keep people honest. That said, I'm confused as to why he never runs it.

The thing is, he doesn't have to run it. He just has to keep the backside end thinking that he COULD if he wanted to. He could also have the same affect on the defense by pulling the ball out and completing a pass. It's just play action no matter what he does with it.

Just so you know, the first thing Chip Kelly looked for in a QB was a good arm. Then he wanted a guy who had some decent wheels under him. Pass first, run second.

what should we run with a bunch of qb's that can't throw or run? the coaching geniuses are out in full force today

VN Store

Back