Why Liberals Hate GWB

(therealUT @ Jul 13 said:
I believe it took around 7 years and 2 rebellions to get our own democracy under way.
Do you really want to equate the individuals who sacrificed their lives and fortunes for the idea of a nation of the free with the bickering and battling religious factions wrangling for 'control' of a democracy in Iraq?

I suppose you really just wanted to say "it takes time", but comparing our ancestors dream with these folks ongoing infighting is...well.. kinda screwy. :peace:

(orange+white=heaven @ Jul 13 said:
Do you really want to equate the individuals who sacrificed their lives and fortunes for the idea of a nation of the free with the bickering and battling religious factions wrangling for 'control' of a democracy in Iraq?

I suppose you really just wanted to say "it takes time", but comparing our ancestors dream with these folks ongoing infighting is...well.. kinda screwy. :peace:

If you believe that everything was hunky dory in the Colonies and early states, then you are dead wrong!

(therealUT @ Jul 13 said:
If you believe that everything was hunky dory in the Colonies and early states, then you are dead wrong!
What was beautiful about our own inside struggles was that we had citizens who could see the benefits of a democratic future and articulate them to their peers and the nation as a whole.

Whoever that citizen of Iraq is who can stand up and articulate a vision for a free and democratic nation to his peers and his countrymen, I wish he would stand up and start articulating soon. A nation that actively takes hold of it's future, is a nation that we no longer need to be camped out in the middle of.
And that will be hunky dory with me....

Well, if we had a media that would report on the governmental proceedings inside Iraq, then you would have access to that information. There are plenty of Iraqi's (more so than not) who see the brilliance of a democratic society (Iraq has a higher voter turnout than America.)

(allvol123 @ Jul 13 said:
it's attitudes like this that are expediating the demise of this country. I am no fan of Bush, he is not near conservative enough for me, but the idea that Clinton only told little lies and a person's moral behavior doesn't have any effect on their leadership abilities is ridiculous.

Are you smokedog's right winged cousin?

I'm an old fashioned Republican and I hate GWB. He is nothing more than a fiscal liberal that panders to fundamentalist Christians for votes. JMO!

(smoke_em06 @ Jul 20 said:
W is the man!!! I guess you guys would rather have homos getting married on every street corner and terrorists running wild!!! Kerry would be too busy getting his botox for the day!! Bush is doing a great job. The economy is booming!!!!

Never voted for Kerry. As to the homosexuals, I have no dog in the hunt. My wife takes care of my needs quite well thank you. But at a time when the mid-east is erupting, government debt and trade imbalance are at an all time high and escalating, our borders unsecure, fuel prices skyrocketing, why in the heck are these idiots wasting precious time worrying about the gays...oh, I know, they need the vote.

(BHAMVOLFAN @ Jul 20 said:
I'm an old fashioned Republican and I hate GWB. He is nothing more than a fiscal liberal that panders to fundamentalist Christians for votes. JMO!
Bush has taken stands for all of the right issues. He has done a great job protecting marriage between a man and a woman. He is doing something in IRAQ that Clinton did not have the balls to do. He has spent most of his time cleaning up messes left behind by the Clinton administration. Bush is the man!!!

Bush has taken stands for all of the right issues. He has done a great job protecting marriage between a man and a woman. He is doing something in IRAQ that Clinton did not have the balls to do. He has spent most of his time cleaning up messes left behind by the Clinton administration. Bush is the man!!!

And I thought carbon paper wasn't used any more.

(BHAMVOLFAN @ Jul 20 said:
Never voted for Kerry. As to the homosexuals, I have no dog in the hunt. My wife takes care of my needs quite well thank you. But at a time when the mid-east is erupting, government debt and trade imbalance are at an all time high and escalating, our borders unsecure, fuel prices skyrocketing, why in the heck are these idiots wasting precious time worrying about the gays...oh, I know, they need the vote.
The trade deficit is declining. As for immigration and gas prices, Bush's hands are tied. He can't do much if none of our boys in Washington will pass any bills. If they would have let him drill in Alaska, we wouldn't be in this position. There are too many economists crying about global warming. Thats a crock!!!! Save the trees!!! Why do you think we have all of these forest fires in the west?? People used to be able to log trees and underbrush out of there. Too many tree huggers!!! Bush supported legislation to build a fence on the mexican border, but it was voted down. He is bringing democracy to a, thanks to him, free country.

The trade deficit is declining. As for immigration and gas prices, Bush's hands are tied. He can't do much if none of our boys in Washington will pass any bills. If they would have let him drill in Alaska, we wouldn't be in this position. There are too many economists crying about global warming. Thats a crock!!!! Save the trees!!! Why do you think we have all of these forest fires in the west?? People used to be able to log trees and underbrush out of there. Too many tree huggers!!! Bush supported legislation to build a fence on the mexican border, but it was voted down. He is bringing democracy to a, thanks to him, free country.

Economists are crying about global warming?

Nobody cares about the trade deficit. It means absolutely nothing. Also, please do not ever throw your support behind Rush Limbaugh as a potential President of the United States.

(therealUT @ Jul 20 said:
Nobody cares about the trade deficit. It means absolutely nothing. Also, please do not ever throw your support behind Rush Limbaugh as a potential President of the United States.
Sarcasm

(allvol123 @ Jul 12 said:
I have no idea why liberals hate bush, he is basically the same as clinton. I guess they hate him because he puts that little R by his name.

I hate to make anyone mad so ill try not too, I like Bush and dont hate me for it, I will say he has made some awkward decisions overtime but he has made good ones, I mean look at what the man has had to put up with while in office, Is it his fault bout 9/11 think about it. so long

I am not trying to make enemies. I respect your opinion. Go VOLS!!

I was just trying to be funny there.

VN Store

Back