Why the questions about Butch Jones

I'm thinking the OP is seeing the love fest for the ducks and is assuming they have turned on Butch. Reality is they are just complimenting a team that is sound in a lot of areas where football teams succeed. I personally believe Butch has TN on the right path to get us there. Oregon will be a great measuring stick revealing where our team stands. GBO

Last edited:
I was very vocal when we hired Dooley and history proved that my concerns were justified. But I have and do throw my support to Butch Jones, but I have detected some post that question the hire and I ask why? He is a great recruiter, a very good motivator and representative of the University, and wants the Vol family to unite. We have a murderer's row for a schedule so what is all the sniping about? Since he has been here he has done just about everything right. People who are questioning him should be ashamed. Our football alum are welcomed with open arms, he is managing the details,,(not the color scheme of his office) so I say get off his back and get behind him. Just ask yourself who would have recruited this all star upcoming class any better coming off the last three years? Go Vols and go Coach Jones, most know you are on the right track.

When even Fijivol gives his endorsement you know we've got the right guy.

Nice to see some positivity out of you.

For that matter, where is ole posivol....?

We will see posters questioning bUTch if the oregon game ends badly. Wait and see. Hopefully, we wont have to worry about and leave oregon with a big time win.

I was very vocal when we hired Dooley and history proved that my concerns were justified. But I have and do throw my support to Butch Jones, but I have detected some post that question the hire and I ask why? He is a great recruiter, a very good motivator and representative of the University, and wants the Vol family to unite. We have a murderer's row for a schedule so what is all the sniping about? Since he has been here he has done just about everything right. People who are questioning him should be ashamed. Our football alum are welcomed with open arms, he is managing the details,,(not the color scheme of his office) so I say get off his back and get behind him. Just ask yourself who would have recruited this all star upcoming class any better coming off the last three years? Go Vols and go Coach Jones, most know you are on the right track.

wtf.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm in wait-and-see mode.

I note that plenty of people here similarly praised Dooley during his honeymoon.

Pretty much this; though no one can deny that Jones had done a LOT more than Dooley did before he came in, and had actually coached at a BCS school.

However, if the OP is saying anyone who thinks we don't beat Oregon = questioning Jones, then he needs to take a flying leap.

I think the jury has to still be out on recruiting. We have the legacy class and some instate guys that should be gimmies. With that said, I like the guy and the energy he has brought with him. He looks the part, acts the part and talks the part, but Only time will tell if he can get it done.

Last edited:
Maybe I was asleep and missed it, so I'll go ahead and ask -- has CBJ proven that he can win in the SEC?

I'll hang up and listen ......

A little harsh as I think Butch has done a great job. But tm3 is correct.

He is a great recruiter, a very good motivator and representative of the University, and wants the Vol family to unite.

LoL does this mean you have had a change of heart since your "kiss the $100 gone" statement awhile back? Ahh well......glad to see you have come back from the dark side..... (I wonder if that guy ever got his hundred dollars....seems we did better then just in the top 15 in recruiting)

Another thread to take up space on the monitor. I reckon the OP is an "insider". I don't know where he is seeing this lack of support. I would say 99.9999999999% including myself are Full Butch and know we are heading in the right direction.

What, did you just log in for the first time in 6 months, and you're now working your way through the posts?

VN Store

Back