Why Volunteers?

Originally posted by vols2345@May 17, 2005 7:53 PM
Don't worry about cheech,  he is just bored since donsarge is gone and he has no one else to rip.  I haven't got to say it yet but welcome to the board.  Just don't be to dumb headed and start saying our team sucks and yours is better and blah blah blah.............

well you get the point.  Hope to post with you alot on here.
[snapback]95339[/snapback]​

the vols suck, The Gators are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better :D

:laugh1:

Back to the original topic.

I believe that Jackson also led a group of Tennesseans down into northern and north central Alabama to battle the Creek indians. Ultimately, this helped settle Alabama. (sorry to any Creek's out there).

Overall, I guess guys in Tennessee were bored, or just liked a good fight! :p

Originally posted by vols2345@May 17, 2005 6:53 PM
Don't worry about cheech,  he is just bored since donsarge is gone and he has no one else to rip.  I haven't got to say it yet but welcome to the board.  Just don't be to dumb headed and start saying our team sucks and yours is better and blah blah blah.............

well you get the point.  Hope to post with you alot on here.
[snapback]95339[/snapback]​

:eek:lol: :eek:lol:

Edit - this was supposed to included The Swamp's reply. I thought it was pretty funny.

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 17, 2005 7:06 PM
if you want, i can pull out overall academics, athletics, and income....but i was j/k :p
[snapback]95362[/snapback]​

ok I guess. I mean last time I checked Tennessee was way ahead of Florida in almost every athletic department except mens basketball last year. But I guess everything I was reading is wrong.

:pimp:

Originally posted by vols2345@May 17, 2005 8:09 PM
ok I guess.  I mean last time I checked Tennessee was way ahead of Florida in almost every athletic department except mens basketball last year.  But I guess everything I was reading is wrong.

:pimp:
[snapback]95369[/snapback]​

you couldnt be farther from the truth

UF is a top 5 athletic program...UT is scuffing the top 20

facts are facts ;)

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 17, 2005 9:14 PM
you couldnt be farther from the truth

facts are facts ;)
[snapback]95409[/snapback]​

HAHAHAHAHAHA now that is a Joke

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 17, 2005 6:50 PM
well, i can say only two people think that....1 checkerboard charly, who i havent read an intelligent post from him ever...and you, who, just b/c im a Gator fan, doesnt like me.......so far the count is at 2.....but i wont be like charles and leave b/c he cant handle talking to Gator, gimmie a break :rolleyes:
[snapback]95337[/snapback]​

Now you know how I feel on GSMB. :p

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 17, 2005 8:14 PM

facts are facts ;)

UT is a Top 5 Football team right now...UF is scuffing the top 20

facts are facts ;)

Originally posted by U-T@May 18, 2005 2:22 AM
UT is a Top 5 Football team right now...UF is scuffing the top 20

facts are facts ;)
[snapback]95660[/snapback]​

wrong........again

if you go by last years polls, UT is top 15 not top 5
if you go by pre-season polls UF is top 10

facts are facts :thumbsup:

Facts are facts

SEC East Champs....another 10 win season
3 straight 5 loss seasons for UF

Facts are Facts.

UT is a much better team/program right now ;)

Originally posted by U-T@May 18, 2005 4:25 PM
Facts are facts

SEC East Champs....another 10 win season
3 straight 5 loss seasons for UF

Facts are Facts.

UT is a much better team/program right now ;)
[snapback]95818[/snapback]​

i love how you can only talk about our last 3 seasons, and then, you can only talk about football, well w/e i guess, some are blinded by orange and white glasses :dunno:

UF is the superior athletic program, academic program, and overall university

facts are facts ;)

Originally posted by orangetd88@May 18, 2005 12:14 AM
Now you know how I feel on GSMB.  :p
[snapback]95637[/snapback]​

believe it or not, we respect you on there. half the reason is b/c of that fine cheerleader in your sig :D

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 3:37 PM
i love how you can only talk about our last 3 seasons, and then, you can only talk about football

Where have I ever stated basketball or baseball? Please, get a clue and figure out who you are talking to (in the sense of who says what).

And yes.....I am using the last 3 years. Last time I checked, what happened in 1995 doesn't matter for next year. What happened 1-2 years ago does

i love how you can only talk about our last 3 seasons, and then, you can only talk about football, well w/e i guess, some are blinded by orange and white glasses
[snapback]95825[/snapback]​

UT is in the top-10 in all time winningest football programs and #2 in bowls if you want to go back a little farther. UT was 1-1 vs. UF in bball last season in a VERY bad year. UT also just finished beating UF in baseball. I think we are holding our own vs. the gators. B)

The director's cup? Now that's a laugh.
The points are equally divided between 10 men's and 10 women's program including ( I'm not making this up) women's field hockey men's water polo and both cross country. I am not too terribly disheartened that our women's field hockey program is not elite. :p

i love how you can only talk about our last 3 seasons
[snapback]95825[/snapback]​

Kinda like UF fans only talk about what happened between 1990 and 2001? :laugh1:

Originally posted by 9296potsguy@May 18, 2005 4:52 PM
The director's cup?  Now that's a laugh.
The points are equally divided between 10 men's and 10 women's program including ( I'm not making this up) women's field hockey men's water polo and both cross country.  I am not too terribly disheartened that our women's field hockey program is not elite. :p
[snapback]95831[/snapback]​

seeing as how its the major "championship", that athletic programs strive for, its a big deal...im sure IF UT was up there, itd be a big deal

if you care to research and find another poll, please share the results

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 4:13 PM
seeing as how its the major "championship", that athletic programs strive for, its a big deal...im sure IF UT was up there, itd be a big deal
[snapback]95842[/snapback]​

It's a major championship for people who care little about real sports. I could give a **** about how good some of the twenty programs are. If you want to brag about your water polo program, go find another board.

best overall....how i see it

football-UT (for now)
basketball-UF
baseball-UT (as of this second, and this year, well see how things go at the end of season)
golf-UF
m. tennis-UF
w. tennis-UF
track and field-UF
swim/diving m.-UF
swim/diving w.-UF
volleyball-UF
soccer-UF

any arguements?

if that is not superior i dont know what is

Is this the argument you present when your team is consistently losing 5 games a year?

"Ya, well we beat you in GOLF!!!!!"

:lol:

BTW, in Golf's Individual rankings....

UT has 2 golfers ranked, UF has 1...

So we do have the better upper talent.

And in Women's golf, we had the best Female player and more people on the First-Team All-SEC team then Florida

See? We can claim better talent too

Originally posted by The Swamp@May 18, 2005 4:32 PM
best overall....how i see it
football-UT (for now)
basketball-UF
baseball-UT (as of this second, and this year, well see how things go at the end of season)
golf-UF
m. tennis-UF
w. tennis-UF
track and field-UF
swim/diving m.-UF
swim/diving w.-UF
volleyball-UF
soccer-UF

any arguements?

if that is not superior i dont know what is
[snapback]95848[/snapback]​

Holy crap, the only three of those sports I care about are the top 3. The rest are activities; how's your bowling program?

VN Store

Back